Julia Roberts Co-Designs New Chopard Jewelry Collection

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a special collection that features emeralds cut from an immense 6,000+ carat emerald known as the Insofu Emerald, which they paired with both rubellites as well as turquoise, which is where they lose me as far as appeal goes since I would never put turquoise with those gemstones, but that's just my taste so you may love the color combination. I also don't care for the design of the necklace overall, so I won't be buying any of these, as if I could afford one. :lol:

We get a good shot of the necklace being assembled, and there's a 3-shot slideshow in this so use the link to check out the closeups of the earrings and ring via the link below, and congratulations to Julia on her collaboration with Chopard. ;)

Mingling avant-garde execution with heirloom aesthetics, the new emerald capsule collection “Chopard x Julia Roberts” is a collaboration between the actress and Chopard Co-President and Artistic Director Caroline Scheufele.

"Los Angeles—Luxury jewelry brand Chopard has unveiled a new high jewelry collection co-designed by its global ambassador, actress Julia Roberts.

The capsule collection, “Chopard x Julia Roberts,” is a tribute to the “Insofu Emerald,” an emerald unearthed over a decade ago, weighing 6,225 carats at the time, from the Gemfields-operated Kagem mine in Lufwanyama, Zambia.

Chopard acquired the rough gem a few years ago, and after careful planning, the first gemstones cut from the Insofu are making their debut in the collection, which Roberts designed alongside Chopard Co-President and Artistic Director Caroline Scheufele.

The 2010 discovery of the “Insofu” represented a pivotal moment in the history of jewelry, Chopard said.

Its name means “elephant” in the local Bemba language and was chosen due to the gem’s impressive size and shape, akin to the animal's trunk.

Chopard bought the gemstone, still in its rough form, in November 2018 at Gemfields’ emerald auction in Singapore, according to Tatler Asia, persuaded by the potential of its raw state, with its “captivating and changing shades of green, as well as the unparalleled purity of its texture.”

Chopard sought to follow the stone’s journey and ensure a complete chain of traceability from gem-cutting to jewelry design to final creation.

A sketch of the pieces in the “Chopard x Julia Roberts” collection

The brand consulted expert emerald cutters in India on how to best reveal the stone’s unique character.

The cutting itself took place in the maison’s Geneva workshops and in Jaipur, India.

Each piece in the “Chopard x Julia Roberts” collection contains emerald, rubellite, and turquoise set in Fairmined-certified rose gold.

For the collection, Scheufele said she envisioned a collaboration that could “fully express and enhance the gem’s natural beauty.”

Roberts was chosen as a partner for her creative mind, ambitious visions, and deep appreciation for jewelry, the brand said.

The actress has starred in Chopard’s “Happy Sport” and “Happy Diamonds” campaigns since 2021.

In 2023, she became a global ambassador for the Swiss jewelry and timepiece brand, often wearing Scheufele’s designs and, the brand said, learning how jewels interact with the body and what makes a woman at the center of attention feel comfortable.

Julia Roberts and Caroline Scheufele at an event celebrating the unveiling of “Chopard x Julia Roberts”

United by shared values and passions, Roberts and Scheufele have forged a relationship over the years that allows for “free-flowing conversations characterized by mutual respect and trust,” said Chopard.

The Chopard x Julia Roberts parure stemmed from their creative dialogue, the brand said.

Roberts drew inspiration from traditional Indian jewels to enhance the emeralds’ intense color by combining them with rubellites and a stone that has been present throughout her own life, turquoise, instilling her personality into the creations.

Roberts, shown here wearing all three Chopard x Julia Roberts pieces at the celebratory dinner, said the jewels also work well individually and styled in a casual way with a pair of jeans.

The pieces were designed to be a blend of contrasting hues evocative of the rich cultural heritage of Indian jewelry with the fresh and modern lines of contemporary goldsmithing techniques.

Each piece is also made in Fairmined-certified rose gold, which the brand said is a reflection of its “Journey to Sustainable Luxury” initiative, which launched in 2013 and is a cornerstone of the brand.

The sustainability project is also particularly dear to Roberts, it said.

“Caroline immediately caught my attention when she told me the story of her exceptional Insofu Emerald,” said Roberts.

“It was such an exciting challenge when she later proposed we work on a bespoke design, and together, we’ve had a lot of fun bringing this set into reality, creating jewelry that’s beautiful, sustainable, and mixes the timeless allure of emerald with stunning colors and a stone I cherish, the turquoise.”

The jewels from the debut creative collaboration were unveiled at a dinner hosted by Scheufele at the Château Marmont in Los Angeles on March 8, where Roberts wore the pieces for the first time.

Julia Roberts, Elton John, and Caroline Scheufele at the Château Marmont dinner celebration

The dinner featured Jason Pelsey's jazz trio, an entirely floral setting, a fashion show combining the latest high jewelry creations from the Chopard workshops with the “Caroline's Couture” collection, and later into the night, entertainment from ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... collection
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)