A Watch Engraved and Gifted by Elvis Presley Heads to Auction

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I expected to see a man's watch, but this is one he gifted to an actress who starred with him in a film, and it's engraved and very lovely. I wouldn't mind having it myself. 8-)

By Annie Davidson Watson | March 19, 2024

"Bonhams’ Fine Watches online sale, coming up April 20–30, includes a vintage Baume & Mercier gold and diamond watch that Elvis Presley gifted to actress Dodie Marshall, who appeared with him in two movies.

Elvis gave Marshall the watch after filming Easy Come, Easy Go in 1967—which, Bonhams notes, was “ahead of his wedding to Priscilla” that same year. Marshall also played Presley’s love interest in an earlier movie, 1966’s Spinout.

The 14k yellow gold watch is engraved on its caseback: “From Elvis Presley to Dodie Marshall my great treasure my greatest love, Elvis.” An attached charm, which has the Screen Actors Guild logo on it, is also engraved with their names. The watch face is partially encircled by a crescent moon of diamonds, in what Bonhams describes as an “asymmetric design.”

Marshall, who is now 89, wore the sentimental timepiece for years. It has stayed in her possession and is being offered from her private estate, with a presale estimated value of $4,000 to $6,000.

The affectionate engraving on the back of the Baume & Mercier watch Elvis Presley gave actress Dodie Marshall upon filming Easy Come, Easy Go

“The timepiece gifted by Elvis Presley to costar Dodie Marshall is an exciting watch to come to market for the first time,” said Nate Borgelt, head of Bonhams’ watches department in America, in a statement. “Bonhams’ New York Fine Watches online sale includes some important and sought-after lots.”

Also on the block will be a circa 1972 Rolex Daytona Cosmograph “Paul Newman,” reference 6262/6239, a model that was “produced in limited numbers,” according to Borgelt. “It is a rarity for both timepieces to come to auction, and we hope they garner much attention and excitement among horologist enthusiasts.”

This engraved tag has the Screen Actors Guild logo (visible in top photo) on the other side.

Elvis had a passion for fine jewelry and watches, gifting them to others as well as wearing them himself. He typically preferred ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... atch-gift/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)