Eva Mendes Flips for Jewelry Brand Cast’s Charitable Partnership

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

At first when I saw her partnering with an arts charity I thought there are a lot more charities that need help than the arts, but this is for the elderly and people in hospitals, etc., so its for needy people to help them focus on the arts rather than the situation they're in, so it's a good one and the flip rings are lovely. Here's what they're doing and the people they're doing it for, and I send out a big kudos to them for doing it. :)

By Karen Dybis | March 19, 2024

"Fine jewelry brand Cast has started a Flip for Good partnership that combines its signature Flip ring, a celebrity collaboration, and monetary support for an arts-focused cause.

And what a collaborator—Cast worked with actor Eva Mendes to create limited-edition Havana Flip rings, which are now available at Cast’s website, Cast’s three Bay Area boutiques, select Nordstrom stores, and Nordstrom’s website.

The Havana Flip ring comes in two styles: classic ($9,750) and signet ($2,200). Each can be “flipped” for two different looks. The classic, made with reclaimed 18k gold, has one side with a mint green chrysopase center stone surrounded by emerald pavé and its other side in white agate. The smaller-scale, sterling silver signet can be flipped between emerald pavé set within reclaimed 14k gold and a diamond side. Both styles have diamond accents on the bands.

Throughout 2024, 10% of net proceeds from the rings will be donated to the Art of Elysium, a Los Angeles–based nonprofit organization that provides art programs for children and adults in hospitals, special-needs education centers, homeless shelters, elder-care homes, and hospice facilities.

Mendes was a full partner in the Havana Flip ring design process, says Cast cofounder and chief creative officer Rachel Skelly. The green and white are a tribute to Mendes’ Cuban heritage.

“We are all gaga over this color combination,” Skelly says. “We’ve never used emeralds in our Flip ring, so this is really a very special ring. I also hadn’t thought of doing a full flood of white on one side of the ring.”

Cast cofounder Rachel Skelly (left) collaborated with actor Eva Mendes to design Havana Flip rings, which will raise funds for the Art of Elysium, an arts organization Mendes has long been involved in.

Skelly says it was clear from the start that Mendes had a passion for jewelry and color. “Our first conversation with Eva was over Zoom, and she was every bit as vibrant, funny, and warm and I’d imagined her to be. We had such a great conversation, and the time flew by. Eva had already been dreaming up ideas around color and meaningful connections to her Cuban roots.”

When they got together in person, Mendes was eager to explore the stones and colorways Cast had put together for their meeting.

“We had a great time playing,” Skelly says. “She was set on emeralds almost immediately, and I loved the fact that her daughter is named Esmeralda. Eva shared that she loves pieces that carry meaning, and that made emeralds an obvious choice.

“Eva’s use of all agate is stunning, so chic, and it gives the ring a very clean and graphic feel—which given my graphic-designer roots, I love,” Skelly adds. “When we discussed the name of this unique ring, she knew immediately that she wanted to name it the Havana, as the colors remind her of the beautiful city that her city is from. It’s such a lovely tribute.”

Mendes, whose movies include Hitch and 2 Fast 2 Furious, was also a great partner in selecting the charity to benefit, Skelly says.

“It was so much fun to work with her, and we shared a lot of laughs, which in my mind is always the sign of a winning collaboration,” she says. “The Havana Flip ring is our first in our Flip for Good program, which will support creative causes. Just like Eva knew immediately what she wanted to name the ring, she also knew who she wanted the funds to support.

“The Art of Elysium program is near and dear to her heart, and she’s been involved for almost 20 years. When she explained what they do, we were equally as excited to support their cause,” says Skelly. “As a brand built by collaborating with designers and artists, we are truly a cast of creatives, so the natural choice for us was to find a way to give back that ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... flip-ring/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)