Britt’s Pick: Marie Lichtenberg’s Horseshoe Ring

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a beautiful ring, and with the public embracing western themes again recently this was a good choice for Britt. There's a sub-link in the article to see the sides of the ring, which are mentioned but not shown in the article so use the link to access it. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | March 12, 2024

"When is a horseshoe not just a horseshoe? When it’s carved in gold and laid with sapphires and diamonds, at the hands of brilliant jeweler Marie Lichtenberg.

I was drawn to this piece immediately, for so many reasons. It’s timely, that’s for certain, as the fashion (and jewelry) world embraces country-western style—anything horse-related is hot right now.

But the piece is also timeless: The horseshoe’s been considered a good-luck charm for ages.

“It is said that horseshoes were considered magical objects capable of warding off evil spirits and bringing good luck,” Lichtenberg says. “This belief originates from a time when iron was rare and valuable, and its crescent shape was associated with the moon, a symbol of protection and good fortune.

“Our horseshoe ring is a tribute and a nod to this powerful symbol of American folklore. This symbol is now universal, and as you may know, I love to infuse my jewelry with a touch of positive energy and superstition.”

The ring was made by hand in the brand’s Italian workshop, in luscious 18k yellow gold and with 21 sapphires and 38 diamonds. There’s more to it than we see here, which is a view from the top. Along the sides, a golden art deco–esque structure of vertical tubular lines gives volume to the piece. The designer’s website shows the three-dimensional side view and beautifully demonstrates what the ring looks like on the finger. (I love when brands do that!)

Lichtenberg’s exceptional jewelry design was recognized with a nomination at this year’s ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... tenberg-2/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)