Jewelry Brands Honor International Women’s Day With Mentorship and Donations

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a mentorship program for emerging female entrepreneurs, so if any of you ladies are interested you should try to snag a spot in this program to help promote your business. :)

Karen Dybis
By Karen Dybis | March 08, 2024

"Jewels & Aces kicked off its third annual Office Hours mentorship program for woman small-business owners this month to coincide with International Women’s Day, an example of how the jewelry industry honors the March 8 celebration of social, economic, cultural, and political achievements.

Grace Wong, founder of Toronto-based Jewels & Aces, established Office Hours to support women entrepreneurs as they build their companies. This year, Wong intends four of the eight participants to be jewelry-focused. Applications can be submitted until March 15.

“Most early-stage founders that I talk to think there’s a playbook you need to follow to be successful, and I felt that way at the start,” says Wong. “That’s a myth I think is important to dispel at the start. You find the freedom to trust yourself, and you are the one that knows what’s best for your business. That was a turning point for me, and I am compelled to share that.”

Other jewelry companies are commemorating International Women’s Day by fundraising, debuting collections, and holding sales and special events. The Canadian brand Pyrrha, for instance, is donating 50% of all sales on March 8 to the Global Fund for Women. Matilde Jewellery created an International Women’s Day mini-collection and will donate 10% of proceeds from it to the nonprofit Plan International.

Participants in previous years’ Office Hours program for early-career women entrepreneurs get advice and support from Jewels & Aces founder Grace Wong (seen in insets) during video calls. (Photo courtesy of Jewels & Aces)

Wong, who is a CPA, says she created Office Hours to give back, since she received support as she grew Jewels & Aces. She wants to make a point with this third cohort to offer assistance to other emerging jewelry brands.

Those selected for this year’s program will know by March 29, Wong says. She offers participants a one-hour “ask me anything” video call as well as long-term support according to the business owners’ needs.

“There’s a misconception that if you’re a founder in the same industry, you’re automatically competitors. I don’t think that’s true. Jewelry designers on our operations team who want to start or have their own brands learn the ins and outs directly from me. There’s more than enough room for everyone,” Wong says.

“Sharing ideas and sharing knowledge can uplift our community as a whole. There shouldn’t be gatekeeping,” she adds.

Pyrrha founder and designer Danielle Papin says, “I’m really thankful that we can use Pyrrha’s resources both in terms of influence and funds to back the Global Fund for Women and make a real impact. Practical support is key to empowering feminist movements and actually making things happen.”

The Global Fund for Women works to advance women’s rights, gender equality, and empowerment of women and girls. Pyrrha’s March 8 donation to the group will come from sales through the jewelry company’s website and at its Vancouver and Los Angeles stores.

Matilde Jewellery’s International Women’s Day collections highlight feminine strength and love, says Matilde Mourinho, founder of the London-based brand. The six pieces—stud and charm earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet—are made with 14k gold with lab-grown diamonds. Plan International, Matilde’s longtime charity partner, promotes children’s rights and equality for girls worldwide.

For 2024, International Women’s Day has the theme of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... y-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)