Want Insight Into Industry Salaries? Check Out This Careers Guide

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

If you're interested in a career in the trade this booklet might help you decide which areas you want to focus on. ;)

ewelers of America’s new “Careers in the Jewelry Industry” guide is available online and in print.

"New York—Jewelers of America has updated its career guide for the jewelry industry for the first time in a decade.

The new “Careers in the Jewelry Industry” guide, available online and as a full-color booklet to all members of the jewelry industry, was designed as a tool to attract new talent to the industry.

This is the third edition of the guide.

The online version also contains the results of JA’s salary study, conducted anonymously last spring.

The results can be found under “Career Pathways” or in the “Skills Spotlight” section of the website.

For the study, the organization asked company owners, managers, and HR professionals to securely provide information on salary basics, commission structures and benefits, work environment information, and education and experience-level requirements.

Using responses from the 217 participants, the study compiled enough data to obtain salary information for 17 positions, including bench jeweler, appraiser, sales professional, and executive-level roles.

The results share salary information for those in the 25th, 50th and 75th percentiles, as well as information about commission and bonuses, where applicable.

For example, the study found that a sales manager has a median total compensation of $85,300 while a bench jeweler has a median total compensation of $62,000.

It also compares averages for the various roles to the national average using data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The study results also share insights into the respondents, like where their stores are located and how many employees they have.

The majority of the participants had one store or sales location with a median of eight full-time employees. Eighty-five percent of respondents identified as a “small business.”

Those interested in learning more can download an overview of the study by Nan Lung Palmer of Facets Jewelry Consulting here.

Palmer’s overview shares her insights into compensation and benefits for various roles within the jewelry industry.

Aside from the salary study, the updated guide highlights career opportunities and shares information on the skills that are currently the most sought-after in the jewelry industry.

“The industry has changed so much during the last decade, and it was important that the guide reflects the jewelry industry as it is today,” said Susan Thea Posnock, JA’s director of public affairs and education.

“From the sleek new design of the booklet to the comprehensive and easy-to-navigate Jewelry Careers center online, the updates shine a light on exciting opportunities for job seekers, whether they are just out of school or looking to change careers.”

The guide, now in its third edition, outlines 12 career paths, including new sections on marketing, jewelry executives, and entrepreneurs, as well as information about sales and management careers on the retail and supplier sides of the industry.

The new “Skills Spotlights” section delves into which areas of knowledge are important to have, such as skills in technology and finance, and can open new doors career wise.

The guide also includes profiles of jewelry professionals, sharing how their careers began and the impact the industry has had on their lives.

The printed booklet has been shared with jewelry programs across the United States, said JA, while the “Jewelry Careers” online platform has been sent to career centers.

To access the online Jewelry Careers Guide, visit the JA website.

To request copies of the booklet, ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... eers-guide
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Want Insight Into Industry Salaries? Check Out This Careers Guide

Post by SwordfishMining »

I found the results from the Kudor occupational testing series was a great starting point to college.
Opal prospecting is the life you live more than what it gives you in return. More live "off" them mining than "from" opals bought directly.
I like the 999999 work classification. This "PRO" act in front of congress removes the freedom to work for yourself in many industries when signed. Newsom tried this in California and put companies, nay industries down. I think they want to force most people onto Universal Basic Income thru electronic dollars that have to be spent each month. I did hear that was said.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"