Jewels From My Inbox: February 2024 Edition

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I always speak my mind and say what I think of the jewels chosen in articles, and I've seen plenty of Britt's picks that did nothing for me, but this time she has outdone herself by choosing pieces that all made me stop and take a second look, and I've decided these are all fabulous, so thanks for a real treat in this one, Britt.

The antique ring in the lead pic with lacquer and LGDs is gorgeous, and I've never seen earrings done like the ones with pink and white diamonds in rose gold in the next pic, so I'm fascinated by them and the pink diamonds make them the #1 pick. The amethyst ring in the next shot is beautiful, but the amethyst, sapphire and diamond ring by La Marquise Jewellery in the next shot is one of the most interesting pieces texturally and visually. The amethyst and diamond earrings in the next one are lovely, but the bold amethyst ring below it is a real eye-catcher. Of the four items left, I think the amethyst and diamond earrings are the loveliest so check out all this eye candy and see what you think of Britt's picks and my thoughts on them to see whether you agree with me or not. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 28, 2024

"Despite there being an extra day in February this year, the winter’s month has passed rather quickly. Filled with the fun of Valentine’s Day, plenty of awards-show fodder, and the promise of spring, February offered joyous jewelry to tide us over as we wait for the welcome of spring.

My inbox this month was brimming with amethyst—so much lovely amethyst—in sizes big and small, and in all manner of designs. Of course there were hearts, along with the red and pink of Valentine’s Day, and on the topic of love, wedding jewelry was a big presence too. And it wasn’t just the latest engagement rings (some very good options for the engaged-to-be, I might add), but lesser-expected styles as well: For instance, did you know it’s a Leap Year tradition for women to propose to men on Feb. 29? This was a new one for me, but the announcements I received were rich with fabulous men’s wedding bands (or engagement rings), many of them totally suitable for any gender.

Ah, February, I’m not really sad to see you go—it always feels like you’re the last breath of winter (even though in reality, winter can hang on tight through March and even April). Still, in a month that feels like seasonal purgatory, plenty of occasions offered brilliant excuses for good jewelry. Here are this month’s jewelry highlights, straight from my inbox.

Earrings in 18k rose gold with 8.5 cts. t.w. cushion-cut diamonds and 128 baguette diamonds, price on request; Lugano Diamonds

Bia ring in 14k yellow gold with rose de France amethyst, $6,000; Sig Ward

Ring in 18k yellow gold with amethyst, pink and blue sapphires, and diamonds, price on request; La Marquise Jewellery

Earrings in 14k white gold with 8.24 cts. t.w. amethyst and 0.42 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,640; Artistry, Ltd.

Ring in green gold with amethyst and diamonds, $10,000; Dale Novick

Scatter ring in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, price on request; Ellis Mhairi Cameron

Earrings in 18k white gold with 20 cts. t.w. amethyst and diamonds, price on request; Amwaj Jewellery

Crownwork east-west bezel ring in 18k yellow gold with 13.15 ct. pink tourmaline cabochon, $4,950; Ray Griffiths

Turn ring in 14k recycled yellow gold with ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ox-feb-24/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)