Upcoming Sotheby’s Sale Is Like Jewelry’s Hall of Fame

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This one is chock full of fabulous jewels that will be available in Sotheby's auction, and the snake necklace in the lead pic is lovely, but in white gold so not my thing, but the earrings in the second pic are gorgeous and are my favorite from the lineup. I also like the Asprey earrings and necklace set with the vivid yellow diamonds because they're so lemony and bright, and the Van Cleef & Arpels 'mystery-set' flower brooch is my second favorite. I would like the frog bracelet if it wasn't so 'warty' :lol: , so check these out and find your own favorites. 8-)

By Annie Davidson Watson | February 26, 2024

"On March 7, Sotheby’s is hosting a single-owner sale, From the Vault: Exceptional Signed Jewels, whose 220 lots span vintage and contemporary pieces, with a focus on heritage designs from the world’s most celebrated jewelry houses.

Among the iconic designs that will be offered in the Sotheby’s sale are Cartier’s Panthère, Bulgari’s Serpenti, and Van Cleef & Arpels’ Zip. Other illustrious maisons and designers, such as Tiffany, David Webb, Asprey, and Harry Winston, will also be represented. Below is a look at just a few of the precious items up for bid.

Van Cleef & Arpels pair of Mystery-Set “Ludo Hexagone'”dress clips (circa 1940) in 18k gold with calibré-cut rubies and Old European and single-cut diamonds, estimate $100,000–$150,000

Bulgari Serpenti’necklace (also pictured at top) in 18k white gold with round and pear-shape diamonds, estimate $300,000–$500,000

Asprey necklace and earrings in 18k white gold with 55.26 cts. t.w. fancy intense and fancy vivid yellow round diamonds and pavé-set round diamonds, estimate $2,000,000–$3,000,000

Cartier Love bracelet in 18k white gold with round diamonds, estimate $30,000–$50,000

Cartier Panthère cuff bracelet in 18k white gold with diamonds, marquise-shape emeralds, and onyx, estimate $100,000–$150,000

Cartier ladybug dress clips in 18k gold with carved coral, carved turquoise, enamel, and round diamonds, estimate $30,000–50,000 for group of three

David Webb ‘Twin Frog” bracelet in 18k gold and platinum with enamel, ruby cabochons, and round diamonds, estimate $35,000–$55,000

Harry Winston necklace in platinum with round, pear-, and marquise-shape diamonds, estimate $1,200,000–$1,800,000

JAR earclips with octagonal spinels, colored diamonds, near-colorless single-cut diamonds, and brown-hued pavé-set diamonds, estimate $250,000–$350,000

Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co. necklace in 18k gold and platinum with round diamonds, estimate $35,000–$55,000

Van Cleef & Arpels Mystery-Set clip-brooch in 18k gold with calibré-cut rubies and round diamonds, estimate $200,000–$300,000

Van Cleef & Arpels Rose de Noël clip-brooch in 18k gold with carved coral and round diamonds, estimate $18,000–$22,000

Van Cleef & Arpels circa 1950s Zip necklace (convertible to bracelet) and earclips in 18k gold and platinum with round diamonds, estimate $400,000–$600,000

Van Cleef & Arpels Snowflake pendant earclips in 18k gold with round diamonds, estimate $60,000– ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... elry-sale/

'[/i]
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)