Crevette Celebrates New Beginnings With Divorce Jewelry Redesigns

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I thought they'd show us a lineup of transformed jewels, but no; just two items, and I don't particularly care for either one of them. The ring I had reset to hold the stone from the ring my daughter's father gave me was a much better transformation than these IMHO, and I'm sure I'm not prejudiced about it just because I designed it myself. :lol:

By Brittany Siminitz | February 23, 2024

"Jewelry is often given or worn to mark joyous events—a wedding, the birth of a child, a graduation. But jewelry may also be used on sadder occasions, like the death of a loved one—or, in the case of a new service from Crevette Design Studio, the end of a lovers’ journey together.

You don’t see mourning jewelry—let’s call Crevette’s offering “divorce jewelry,” shall we?—advertised or discussed much, because, let’s face it, who wants to think about life’s unpleasant happenings? People get excited about buying an engagement ring, less so a divorce ring. But when something as common as divorce isn’t openly celebrated, you have to wonder, why not?

Divorce is rarely easy. But for some people, it’s the smartest, healthiest, best decision they can make for themselves, even if it doesn’t feel like that at the time. So there’s cause for celebration—it’s probably why divorce parties and even joint divorce announcements seem to be growing (another reason: divorce has been shedding its social stigma).

With that in mind, San Diego–based Crevette recently debuted Divorce Jewelry Redesigns. The recently divorced can use jewelry in embracing their new chapter while honoring the one that has closed.

“I went through a divorce in 2022. With a divorce came so many changes: moving, decorating for myself, developing new routines, and most importantly rediscovering and reconnecting with myself in a deeper way,” says Charlotte Zappulla, cofounder and designer of Crevette.

“After all the logistics were finalized, I realized I still had my engagement ring sitting in my jewelry box. I had loved the diamond and the ring so much—it seemed so wasteful to let it sit there collecting dust. After considering my options for a while, I knew I wanted to redesign it into something that could mark the beginning of my new life era.”

Zappulla reset her engagement ring into a necklace (pictured at top), with a sturdy chain suitable for a larger diamond and Crevette’s signature playful spin.

“The empowerment and emotional release I felt when reworking my former engagement ring into a new pendant signified a new chapter in my life,” the designer says. “I quickly realized this feeling is something we could re-create for others in my position, to offer them something empowering and exciting while going through the often tumultuous process of divorce.”

Crevette helped a client reset her wedding jewelry—an oval diamond engagement ring and a sapphire wedding band—as this memorable cocktail ring.

Crevette’s divorce jewelry service is still very new, but Zappulla says she and brand cofounder Victoria Schulte have already enjoyed reworking jewelry for clients post-divorce. “There often is shame and timidness associated with divorce, so to be able to connect with clients on a very personal level while sharing my experience is so special,” she says.

While some people might feel their wedding jewelry carries bad fortune even if it’s been redesigned, Zappulla says this service is perfect for those who want to move onward and upward. “If they are feeling like redesigning would be a more symbolic way of honoring the past while embracing the future, then I think this would be a great way to go about that. It’s all about checking in with yourself and acknowledging where you’re at in the emotional journey that accompanies divorce.”

For more information, visit ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -redesign/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Crevette Celebrates New Beginnings With Divorce Jewelry Redesigns

Post by SwordfishMining »

Yes, designers dont love their own visions better, right.... Pictures or it is wire wrapped in telephone wire in my mind, the pink shade.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

You're a riot Alice. :lol:

Alright, but mind you this was just taken on the fly so I was trying to show the design and not emphasize the diamond, which would have been lit differently if I was trying to do that. It's a 1ct VVS "blue white" (somewhat fluorescent) diamond I chose from the vault of a jeweler I had worked for back in the '70's.
P1015340.JPG
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thats neat. Original. I picture so much in what I will do with things when i get something new, but it seldom materializes in the gem case as there is too much old to be pushed out by the new. Im warming up to this nordic idea of death cleaning.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"