Britt’s Pick: Mysteryjoy’s Astro Ring

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

You may like it like Britt does, but this one's not my cup of tea. The diamonds in the cheeks are LGDs, plus I have no idea why prongs are covering part of the design when this could have been made so it didn't need them if in fact they're holding the top piece in place. If they're not and are just meant to be decorative, they only detract from the piece IMHO. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 20, 2024

"If astrology is your thing, Mysteryjoy has the ring for you. If you don’t even know your zodiac sign, then this ring might still be up your alley.

Rich in yellow gold, the ring’s design catches the eye before one has the chance to dive into its symbolism. Ultimately, though, it’s the astromancy that gives the ring its pull—a sparkle-kissed sun and moon encircled by ancient astrological symbols.

“The Astro ring was born as a collaboration with the Printemps store in Paris, on the occasion of an exhibition on the theme of astrology,” says Joy Toledano, founder and designer of Paris-based Mysteryjoy. “For me, it was important to be able to show all the astrological signs, with the sun and the moon at the center and all the signs around them, like a kind of astral wheel. Astrological signs are very important to Mysteryjoy.”

I personally don’t subscribe much to astrology, yet I still find the ring incredibly compelling—the (lab-grown) diamond-dotted cheeks of the celestial beings at the center do it for me. But for those who do follow astrology—and they’re the customers most likely to purchase a piece such as this—it’s packed with meaning that goes beyond what is typically associated with astrology.

Toledano explains that each astrological sign is linked to one of the classical elements—earth, water, air, and fire. “So each one can be found in cartomancy through the four original French suits of centuries ago: clubs, diamonds, hearts, and spades. For example, in ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... stro-ring/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)