Doctor's Lost Diamond Ring Found 100 Miles Away in a Pair of Scrubs That Went Through Wash: 'Little Miracle'

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Doctor's Lost Diamond Ring Found 100 Miles Away in a Pair of Scrubs That Went Through Wash: 'Little Miracle'

Post by PinkDiamond »

From People Magazine, what are the odds that this ring would travel so far, go through industrial washers and dryers, and still be in the pocket of the scrubs? :?:

Normally I pull headlines from related stories in articles, but I left a couple in this one because the stories may interest some of you so if you want to read them use the link to access the sub-links. :)

The ring, tucked into a pocket of the scrubs, traveled from one hospital in West Suffolk, England, to another in London
By Erin Clack
Published on February 12, 2024 01:42PM EST

Photo:

Getty (2)

" A U.K. doctor has recovered her lost diamond ring after it traveled more than 100 miles away tucked in the pocket of a pair of scrubs.

Back in mid-December, Dr. Radhika Ramasamy, a consultant anesthesiologist at the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, took off her ring and slipped it in her pocket while she was doing a spinal procedure on a patient, according to a news release from the Trust. She meant to put the jewelry on again later but forgot about it.

"It wasn’t until the evening of the next day that I realized it was missing and then it was the weekend so I didn’t report it to my facilities team till the Monday. To be honest I never expected to get it back as I thought it would be crushed in the machinery at the laundry," Ramasamy said in the release.

However, as it turns out, luck was on her side. Just days later, at a hospital 100 miles away in London, Suraj Shah, an anesthetics registrar at the Royal Free Hospital, was preparing for his ICU shift and grabbed a pair of freshly laundered scrubs.

As he was putting them on, something clattered to the floor — a diamond ring.

Couple Tracks Down Strangers Who Helped Find Their Lost Engagement Ring — Then Invites Them to Their Wedding

"At first I thought maybe one of the nurses here had lost the ring and I put the word out through the nurse in charge. I checked with the doctors as well but nothing, so I contacted our facilities team," Shah recalled.

“I knew how downhearted my wife would be if she’d lost a ring that had sentimental value to her so that was in the back of my mind," he added. "As healthcare workers, we often take off rings for procedures so it’s an easy mistake to make.”

The hospital facilities staff contacted the laundry service and learned that a ring had been reported missing by a doctor in West Suffolk.

Ramasamy was soon happily reunited with her ring, and she can't help but feel amazed and grateful.

"It just shows how honest people are, and I want to say a huge thank you to all the people involved — my end at the West Suffolk Hospital and at the Royal Free Hospital — in reuniting me with a ring that has real sentimental value to me as it was a birthday present from my husband a few years ago," she said.

Iowa Man, 93, Finds Long-Lost Wedding Ring 45 Years Later — in a Car Engine!

"I know it’s been ... "

https://people.com/doctor-lost-diamond- ... sh-8575975?
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)