The Engagement Ring Trend That’s Ahead of the Curve

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Very punny title, Victoria. :lol:

The designs are lovely and I pretty much like them all except for the My Ray diamond ring, and I think the first one is the favorite. Check these out and see what you think of them. 8-)

By Victoria Gomelsky | February 14, 2024

"The sharp, angled silhouettes of deco-inspired design may be perennial bridal favorites, but in 2024 engagement rings distinguished by rounded, organic shapes are on the rise.

Credit the pendulum swing that governs trends in the fine jewelry category. After years of geometric styles taking center stage, designers are embracing more voluptuous settings featuring gentle curves set with curvy stones such as rounds, pears, ovals, and marquise-cut.

Refinery29 noted the vogue for curved rings in its roundup of 2024 engagement ring trends. One reason the look is gaining popularity has to do with the way modern brides are wearing their wedding jewels: paired with bands and decorative jackets boasting easy-to-stack rounded forms.

Another reason for the renewed interest in curvy forms? Don’t discount the seductiveness of designs that recall Mother Nature, especially in these AI-fueled times, nor the growing appeal of unconventional-looking rings that stray from tradition with an artfully placed curve or two.

Below, we feature a bevy of slinky rings set with modestly sized diamonds as well as major statement stones—proof that no matter the budget, curvaceous styles are guaranteed crowd-pleasers.

One-of-a-kind diamond loop ring in 18k gold with 5.01 ct. pear-shape diamond, $72,960; Retrouvaí

Kundalini wrap ring in 18k yellow gold with 3.73 ct. morganite and 0.19 ct. t.w. white diamonds, $5,500; Logan Hollowell

Pear-shape diamond ring in platinum, price on request; Lauren Addison

My Ray Diamond Ring Bold in 18k gold with diamond center, price on request; Fie Isolde

Mini Pear Diamond Trace ring in 18k gold with diamonds, $5,800; Katkim

Baby Vine ring in 18k gold with 0.7 ct. marquise diamond, $9,000; Bea Bongiasca

Y ring in 14k yellow gold with green amethyst and diamonds, $2,500; Mateo

Pear Wave band in 18k gold with diamond, $2,580; Grace Lee

Twisted Bypass side stone ring in 14k white gold with 2.5 cts. t.w. lab-grown diamonds, $4,460; Grown Brilliance

Alex Marquise ring in 18k yellow gold with marquise and round diamonds, starts at $15,000; Natasha Schweitzer

Wavy Toi et Moi ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.78 ct. t.w. diamond, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... end-curve/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)