These Were the Grammys’ Winning Jewels

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Most of the photos in this one are on Instagram and can't be posted here so you'll need to use the link to see them, but there were 2 Getty images so I grabbed the image location links from Getty so I could show them to you here; otherwise all we'd have is the lead pic of Miley Cyrus, who I didn't even recognize since it's been so long since I've seen her, and I was surprised at how 'normal' she looks now. :lol:

For her live performance of “Flowers” on Sunday at the 66th annual Grammy Awards, Miley Cyrus wore a pair of De Beers drop diamond earrings featuring more than 16 carats of diamonds set in white gold. (Photo courtesy of De Beers)

"Last month’s Style File offered a guide to dressing in “winter whites,” and at the 66th annual Grammy Awards held Sunday, the jewelry spotlight certainly seemed to be on sparkling diamonds and white metals.

There were many classic diamond designs, from Beyoncé in Cartier to Miley Cyrus in De Beers, but also a handful of unique choices, like artist Fantasia Barrino’s red-carpet look.

“The Color Purple” star, styled by Daniel Hawkins, donned diamonds from Messika, including one of the more unique pieces of the night: the “Dancing Moon” lip jewelry from the brand’s “Midnight Sun” high jewelry collection.

One of my favorite diamond looks, however, was on Céline Dion, who made a surprise appearance.

The singer shone in diamonds, wearing a handful of Tiffany & Co. jewels, but the star of her look hung around her neck—a Tiffany high jewelry necklace featuring over 87 carats of diamonds set in platinum.

Embed from Getty Images

Dion took the stage to present the “Album of the Year” award to Taylor Swift, who showed up in 300 carats of diamonds from Lorraine Schwartz, a representative for the designer told GQ.

Embed from Getty Images

As part of a diamond necklace stack, Swift wore a custom piece featuring a Concord vintage watch the designer turned into a choker.

Speaking of things to watch (pun intended), a closer look at the award show fashion also revealed a sprinkling of rose gold, a conveniently perfect match for the 2024 Pantone Color of the Year, Peach Fuzz.

Columbian singer Maluma had my favorite jewelry selections of the evening (which is especially encouraging, as more brands like David Yurman and Lagos continue venturing into men’s jewelry).

The artist wore a rare rose gold “Astronomia Tourbillion Baguette” watch from Jacob & Co., which the brand said featured a face of over 200 rubies.

Maluma also debuted the newest project from Atlanta-based jewelry company, Icebox, who partnered with Bose to create a diamond studded pair of its Ultra Open Earbuds.

The one-of-a-kind pair is set in 14-karat white gold and features 365 diamonds, according to online pop culture magazine Complex.

He also sported a gorgeous ring on his right hand that appears to feature a sizeable red gemstone, which I shockingly found no information on.

Victoria Monet also donned a bit of rose gold that evening. Pictured above matching wardrobes with her daughter Hazel, she opted for a Bulgari “Serpenti” necklace and bracelet.

The “Best New Artist” winner, styled by Kollin Carter, also wore Bulgari diamond studs and multiple Serpenti rings, one of which watch marketplace Wristcheck identified as the “Magnifica” paraíba dragon ring.

Now, if we’re talking mixed metals and color, I’d be remiss not to also highlight Dua Lipa’s showstopping Tiffany & Co. “Pisces” necklace that the jewelry brand said took 1,017 hours to make.

The platinum and 18-karat gold creation features two fish kissing an untreated orange sapphire weighing over 23 carats, and includes untreated Umba and Padparadscha sapphires, orange sapphires, rubellites, and diamonds.

A Tiffany & Co. design also wins my honorable mention for the night, host Trevor Noah’s iconic Jean Schlumberger by Tiffany “Bird on a Rock” brooch.

Crafted in platinum and 18-karat gold, the piece features a citrine weighing more than 54 carats, diamonds, and a pink sapphire—a welcome pop of jewelry color before his switch into an all-black ensemble.

Following the show, I’m interested to see if any of the trends, like lip jewelry or ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... ing-jewels
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)