Britt’s Pick: Yoko London’s Pearl and Bow Ring

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I dunno, I like pearls, I like diamonds and I like bows, but to my eye the pearls in this one are way too big for the piece so I'll pass on it. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | January 23, 2024

"The fashion world may be bonkers for bows at present, but the iconic accessory has had an impact on what we wear for ages, including in fine jewelry.

Look at any design era from here back to the 17th century, and you’ll find a version of bow jewelry for every one, each with a distinctive tale to tell. Bows may be what today’s fashion crowd is clamoring for, but they will endure longer than any TikTok-induced trend (and surely well beyond TikTok’s existence as an app, too).

And that’s a delightful thing about a great piece of jewelry. A well-made, classic piece can outlast any trend, but oftentimes it happens to align with them as well. You likely can find something voguish about any piece of jewelry, though certain jewels may require a harder look than others.

Yoko London’s luscious ring packs three currently in-demand features into its prettily tied design: the bow, the pearl, and white metal.

The pearl, being the 50-year-old London brand’s specialty, is a vital component of the ring, in the form of twin Japanese akoya pearls coming in between around 8 mm and 8.5 mm. But the centerpiece of this jewel is its diamond-decked bow, against which the pearls are nestled on either side.

“Bows have timeless appeal, and as such it is a motif that we revisit in our designs regularly,” Isabella Daniels, Yoko London’s PR and marketing manager, tells JCK. “We always find that clients find these designs appealing.”

While the ring is just as worthy of everyday wear as for special occasions, it also would make a fine choice for a (very) alternative engagement or wedding ring…so long as it is worn with care!

Top: Bow ring in 18k white gold with 8 mm–8.5 mm Japanese white akoya pearls and 1.01 cts. t.w. diamonds, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... pearl-bow/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)