French Visitor Finds 7+ Ct. Stone in Crater of Diamonds Park

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, a Frenchman visiting from Paris visited the Murfreesboro diamond mine here in Arkansas, and left with the 8th largest diamond ever found there, which he plans to have cut, possibly into 2 stones; one for this fiancee, and the other for his daughter. He enjoyed himself so much he plans to take his daughter there when she's older. The best time to comb through the kimberlite pipe is after heavy rains, which is exactly how he found his diamond on the top of the pipe. 8-)

By Rob Bates | January 22, 2024

"A French tourist found a 7.46 ct. brown diamond at Arkansas’ Crater of Diamonds State Park on Jan. 11. It is the eighth largest diamond discovery in the Murfreesboro park’s 22-year history.

The gumdrop-size stone was discovered by Julien Navas of Paris, who came to the United States to see the Vulcan Centaur rocket launch at Cape Canaveral, Fla. After that event, he went to New Orleans and, having previously panned for gold and searched for ammonite fossils, was intrigued enough by Crater of Diamonds to also make a stop there.

Crater of Diamonds is the only public park in the world that lets visitors hunt for diamonds and keep what they find.

Navas was lucky: When he visited the park, it was wet and muddy from over an inch of recent rainfall. “As rain falls on the field, it washes away the dirt and uncovers heavy rocks, minerals, and diamonds near the surface,” said assistant park superintendent Waymon Cox in a park press release. Many of the park’s largest diamonds are found on the surface, Cox noted.

Navas spotted the diamond after several hours of searching. “I am so happy,” he said in the park statement. “All I can think about is telling my fiancée what I found.”

The round diamond was christened the Carine, after Navas’ fiancée. He said he hopes to have the stone cut into two diamonds, one for his fiancée and one for his daughter.

The Carine Diamond

Navas called Crater of Diamonds “a magical place, where the dream of finding a diamond can come true. It was a great adventure.” He said he plans to return with his daughter when she is older.

The Carine is the largest diamond registered at the park since 2020, when an Arkansas man found a ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -diamonds/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)