A Sneak Peek at Bonhams’ Paris Jewels Sale

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are antique and art-deco pieces that don't give us the karatage of the gold except on the Cartier earrings. When I saw the tiara in the lead pic I thought the metal frame the jewels are on looks terrible, more like a base metal than gold or silver, and I thought maybe the blue might be lapis, but no. Turns out it's just blue enamel, which adds to my suspicion that the frame may be base metal, so I'd like to know what you think it is. Either way, as much as I love tiaras I would turn this one down, and the favorite from this one is the snowflake brooch, with the diamond necklace in the second pic being second favorite so check these out and see which ones appeal to you. ;)

By Annie Davidson Watson | January 18, 2024

"On Feb. 1, Bonhams returns to Le Grand Palais Éphémère to display 98 fine jewelry lots from renowned houses including Cartier, Bulgari, Lalaounis, Chopard, and Chaumet. The pieces will be sold during Bonhams’ Paris Jewels Online auction, taking place Jan. 25 through Feb. 2.

“Paris Jewels Online features a significant selection of jewelry, including antique jewels and striking art deco designs, presented alongside more contemporary pieces, such as a wearable collection of 1980s Cartier and signed pieces from Bulgari and Lalaounis,” said Marine Girardet, Bonhams’ head of jewelry in France, in a statement. “The sale has some extraordinary designs and craftsmanship that are highly sought-after pieces of jewelry.”

Headlining the auction, with a presale estimate of 10,000 to 15,000 euros ($10,800–$16,400), is an art deco–era bracelet with an array of different cut diamonds that is convertible to brooches. Other notable pieces include a diamond tiara with blue enamel (pictured at top), a Bulgari Tubogas gold link necklace with a diamond front and center, and a geometric Frohmann gold necklace with brilliant-cut diamonds. They and additional highlights are featured below.

Bulgari Tubogas collar necklace with pear-shape diamond, estimate €7,000–€10,000 ($7,620–$10,900)

Cartier earrings in 18k yellow gold, estimate €2,000–€3,000 ($2,100–$3,300)

Antique brooch with diamonds, estimate €6,000–€8,000 ($6,500–$7,400)

Cartier “Double C” open bangle in gold, circa 1980, estimate €500–€700 ($540–$765)

Frohmann Frères necklace in yellow gold with brilliant-cut diamonds, estimate €3,600–€4,000 ($3,900–$4,400)

Lalaounis ear clips in yellow gold, estimate €800–€1,200 ($870–$1,300)

Art deco convertible bracelet with old brilliant-, single-, brilliant-, and baguette-cut diamonds, circa 1920, estimate €10,000–€15,000 ($10,800–$16,400)

Tiara with diamonds and blue enamel, estimate ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... wels-sale/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)