This 108-Carat Pink Diamond Is Beginning a New Chapter

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Whoa! This 108 carat pink puppy is about to be cut, and I can't wait to see it!! 8-)

Storm Mountain Diamonds recovered this more than 108-carat pink diamond from its Kao mine in Lesotho this spring. Last week, the mining company announced it had entered into agreement with Belgian company the Chrono Group to cut the diamond.

"Maseru, Lesotho—Storm Mountain Diamonds announced it has entered into an agreement with the Choron Group to cut the 108.39-carat rough pink diamond it unearthed in March.

The yet-unnamed diamond was recovered from the Kao mine in the Kingdom of Lesotho and is one of the largest pink diamonds ever found, Storm Mountain Diamonds said.

Another view of the 108.39-carat pink diamond mined earlier this year at the KAO mine in Lesotho

Like many other pink stones from Kao, the diamond is a Type IIa stone, which the Gemological Institute of America describes as having an “exceptionally pure chemical composition” with “negligible amounts of nitrogen or boron.”

Choron said it is “delighted” to take on the responsibility of revealing the stone’s beauty.

It called the diamond its “latest and possibly greatest acquisition” in a post on LinkedIn.

Choron said it plans to create multiple polished diamonds out of the 108-carat pink rough.

“It is a privilege for Choron to unlock the secrets within this remarkable pink diamond and we look forward to revealing the story of this historic diamond,” Choron CEO Anshul Gandhi said.

“Our artisans will meticulously transform this rough diamond into an array of polished diamonds that will be remembered for generations to come.”

Founded in 1985, the Choron Group is headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium, and describes itself as a leading international diamond and jewelry group focused on the sourcing, assortment, and sale of rough diamonds; the manufacturing of exceptional rough diamonds; the sale of polished diamonds; and the wholesale distribution of jewelry.

It has procured rough diamonds from various major mining companies including De Beers and Sodiam, according to its website.

Robert Cowley, chairman of the board of directors of Storm Mountain Diamonds, said of the agreement, ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... ew-chapter
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)