Bonhams Believes Blue Diamond Could Fetch $500K

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

From Rapaport News, the blue diamond ring is not the only piece in this auction and I'm loving the necklace in the second shot, and prefer the other blue diamond ring to the one the article was based on, and then there's the red diamond the likes of which I don't recall ever seeing before, that's so dark I thought it was a ruby at first. The last one is hard to see on the dark background but it looks great, what we can see of it. Check out these puppie's carbon footprint. :mrgreen:

November 29, 2023 | Leah Meirovich

"Bonhams will offer a 1.22-carat blue diamond ring at its upcoming New York jewelry sale, giving the piece a high price tag of $500,000.

The oval-shaped, fancy-intense-blue, VS1-clarity diamond center stone is flanked on one side by a fancy-blue diamond weighing 0.35 carats, and on the other by a fancy-intense-blue diamond weighing 0.53 carats. It is set to lead the December 4 New York Jewels sale, Bonhams reported recently.

The sale will also feature a number of other colored diamond jewels, as well as pieces from Cartier, Hammerman Brothers and Fred Leighton.

Here are the rest of the items featured in the top five:

This necklace is designed as a graduated row of floral motifs, set with pear-, heart- and marquise-cut diamonds, highlighting a 17.04-carat, fancy-intense-yellow, internally flawless diamond center stone. The piece is estimated to bring in up to $320,000.

Bonhams will sell this cushion-cut, 3.01-carat, fancy-light-blue, VS1-clarity diamond ring for $200,000 to $300,000.

A ring with a cushion-cut, 1.30-carat, fancy-brownish-red diamond flanked by oval-shaped white diamonds has a presale high price of $300,000.

This heart-shaped, 1-carat, fancy-intense-blue, I1-clarity unmounted diamond is estimated to go for up to $
... "

https://rapaport.com/news/bonhams-belie ... e=hs_email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)