What a Match! Venus Williams x Reinstein Ross Is Here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Good for her, and what an honor for her to be called a designer in residence by Ross now. I just wish they showed us closeups of her jewelry. Here's what they're doing. :)

By Amy Elliott | November 30, 2023

"Tennis champ Venus Williams is getting into the fine jewelry game with the debut of Diamond Match, a collection she designed and developed in collaboration with acclaimed New York City jeweler Reinstein Ross.

Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings in the collection are made with 22k peach gold and diamonds—specifically, pavé diamonds, a setting style Williams has always favored, according to a press release announcing the collaboration.

The overall design of the 14 pieces draws inspiration from a ring Williams frequently wears during her matches. (The athlete is known for wearing diamond jewelry on the court, especially hoop earrings.)

Venus Williams models several pieces from the Diamond Match collection.

Williams and Reinstein Ross’ goldsmiths played with scale, from a bold cocktail ring to diamond studs in two sizes. Most pieces are detailed with pavé diamonds, a jewelry style Williams loves.

“I was thrilled to partner with Reinstein Ross because of their commitment to creating pieces that are both brilliant and one-of-a-kind,” Williams said in a prepared statement. “For me, jewelry has always been more than just an accessory—it’s been a means of self-expression, both on and off the court.

“We designed each piece in this collection as a testament to the belief that fashion should not be about conforming to someone else’s idea of beauty, but about celebrating your own. It’s about inspiring women to be unapologetically themselves, and to cherish their inner radiance.”

Reinstein Ross found an enthusiastic partner in Williams. When Diamond Match was released earlier this month, she spoke to WWD about her affinity for jewelry: “If I wasn’t buying it, I was always looking at everything: every collection, all the brands; it was just something I’ve always loved.”

Williams prepared for the project with an abundance of ideas. Reinstein Ross CEO Sarah Blair tells JCK that “when Venus first started working with Reinstein Ross, she showed up with a 20- to 30-page presentation.”

Williams made frequent visits to the Reinstein Ross atelier in New York and worked closely with its goldsmiths.

Blair says Reinstein Ross reached out to Williams to inquire about a possible collaboration. Though Williams is based in Jupiter, Fla., she made frequent trips to the store’s recently opened Madison Avenue flagship while the jewelry line was in development.

Williams worked for four months with Reinstein Ross’ creative team and expert goldsmiths on concepts, ultimately landing on a selection that melds the tennis star’s vision of a jewelry line with the jeweler’s 38-year heritage and design signatures (e.g., richly textured gold, custom-blended alloys, and timeless chain links).

Reinstein Ross has always embraced the notion of quiet luxury (before it was a thing): In the 1990s, when it was still a fairly new company, minimalism was the reigning aesthetic in fashion, especially in SoHo, the NYC neighborhood where the jeweler had its first shop. Never one to make waves on or off the court—but a determined competitor at all times—Williams’ sensibility appears to match that of her jewelry partner.

“Venus [brought] her own sense of style, empowerment, and design expertise to the collaboration,” adds Blair.

As part of this creative endeavor, Reinstein Ross has given Williams the title of designer in residence—which hopefully means she’ll have the opportunity to ace another collection.

Diamond Match pieces range from $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... tein-ross/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)