The Latest Platinum Jewels to Shine Bright This Holiday Season

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

We're blinging in the holidaze with platinum this year. :mrgreen:

I'm loving the emerald and the conch pearl rings, and I don't care for the last ring at all, but the favorite is the pink sapphire and paraiba tourmaline bracelet and I love it so much I might need two of them. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | November 22, 2023

"Platinum is growing in popularity among brands—and, in turn, among consumers—but it hasn’t reached the awareness levels of gold and silver yet.

While platinum is a solid choice for engagement rings and wedding bands—and many customers are open to that choice—it’s not as common in fashion jewelry pieces like earrings and bracelets.

Fortunately, Platinum Guild International (PGI) seems to be changing that through a robust new campaign. (Rebecca Moskal, vice president of PGI USA, spoke to our editor-in-chief, Victoria Gomelsky, about PGI’s plans in a recent interview here.)

There’s no doubt these efforts will be fruitful: Popular designers are re-envisioning their signature gold designs in platinum. There’s a push for custom designs to be crafted in the metal. A fashion brand is showcasing how wearable the metal can be. As Moskal stated in the interview, “There’s never been a better time to buy platinum.”

Currently, you’ll find most readily available platinum pieces to be rings—though high jewelry options in other categories are easy to find—and wedding jewelry is a sure bet as well. But more independent designers are experimenting with platinum, leading to exciting results that shoppers will be fighting to get their hands (or ears or wrists) on.

“I appreciate the durability of platinum,” says Rebecca Zeijdel-Paz, founder of Brooklyn, N.Y.–based Beck Jewels, whose latest platinum piece is pictured at top. “My pieces are made to be lived in, then passed down and enjoyed for generations to come.”

Here, some of the latest offerings in platinum, perfect for the holiday season ahead.

Eternal Limitless necklace in platinum, $2,790; Platinum Born

Ring in platinum with 2.04 ct. emerald, 0.24 ct. t.w. emeralds, and 0.78 ct. t.w. diamonds, $46,000; Omi Privé

Bracelet in platinum with pink sapphires, paraiba tourmalnes, and diamonds, $280,000; Oscar Heyman

Ring in platinum with natural saltwater conch pearl and 3.86 ct. emerald-cut diamond, price on request; Assael

Petite Gabby charm earrings in 18k yellow gold and platinum with 0.81 ct. t.w. kite-shape diamonds, $8,800; Octavia Elizabeth

Wedding band in platinum with emerald-cut and round diamonds, price on request; Kwiat

Antique earrings in platinum with moonstones and 0.55 ct. t.w. old mine–cut diamonds, $3,600; Ashley Zhang

Couture ring in platinum and 18k two-tone gold with 1.5 cts. t.w. light pink diamonds, 1.125 cts. t.w. Vanilla Diamonds, and 0.2 ct. t.w. fancy yellow diamonds, $195,895; Le Vian

Necklace in platinum with 140.11 cts. t.w. freshwater pearls, 20.76 cts. t.w. Malaya garnets, and 3.55 cts. t.w. diamonds, price on request; Sorellina

Ring in platinum and 18k yellow gold with 3.98 ct. cushion yellow diamond and 2.48 cts. t.w. diamonds, $81,950; Yael Designs

Halo pendant in platinum with 0.375 ct. t.w. diamonds, price on request; Stuller

Laurel II ring in platinum with 0.61 ct. cushion brilliant diamond, price on request; Natalia Pas

Ourglass pendulum in platinum with 1 ct. diamond, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... s-holiday/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)