Mood Rings Are No Longer Just for Kids

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Remember mood rings? Oddly enough, I actually have one sitting here that my sister sent me after she cleaned out items she no longer wanted from her jewelry box, most of which had a missing stone or other damage but the mood ring is intact and works quite well. 8-)

I put a shot of the ring from my sister after the link to the article. ;)

By Annie Davidson Watson | October 30, 2023

"A beloved piece of childhood jewelry, the mood ring can evoke a feeling of nostalgia across multiple generations, with those who grew up in the 1970s, ’80s, and ’90s coming of age with that color-changing stone on their fingers.

While they seem magical and entertaining to children, mood rings are made for adults, too. Of particular note, The One I Love NYC has released a limited-edition collection of mood pendants and rings to celebrate the brand’s 10th anniversary. Designer Mia Moross sourced 1970s deadstock mood stones to create the sophisticated designs in 14k gold.

The color of a mood ring shifts in response to the wearer’s body temperature, as liquid crystals in the stone create different patterns, absorbing and reflecting light across the spectrum. Mood can influence body temperature, and the stone might transition from black (mood: tense) to blue (calm), green (harmonious), or amber (a reminder to take a mental minute).

Scroll down for mood stone magic that’s not just for kids.

Zoltar ring in 14k yellow gold with vintage mood stone and pavé diamonds, $2,900; The One I Love NYC

Lucky necklace in 14k yellow gold with vintage mood stone, $1,900 ($1,500 without chain); The One I Love NYC

Mood Stone signet ring in silver-tone brass, $180; Acne Studios

Mood Ring in 18k gold-plated sterling silver, $120; Astrid and Miyu

You Good? Color-Changing Mood Ring in sterling silver, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... or-adults/

Here's a shot of the ring my sister sent.
P1015328.JPG
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)