Jane Taylor’s Flower Power Is Happiness in Jewelry Form

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Tiny flowers aren't exactly fall or winter fare, but i can safely say there are two items in this one that you're going to love enough to maybe buy them. Check these out and figure out which two items I'm referring to. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 27, 2023

"When I started writing for JCK 12 years ago, Jane Taylor was one of the first brands with which I became familiar. I was instantly smitten, with both the designs and their creators. The mother-daughter duo behind the eponymous brand had a way with color I hadn’t seen before.

They still do, and it just keeps getting better. While a pair of Jane Taylor huggies remains at the top of my most coveted jewels list, the brand is consistently coming up with new ways to delight. Most delightful of all are JT’s flowers.

Flower Power drop earrings in 14k yellow gold with turquoise and diamonds, price on request

Flower Power stacking rings in 14k yellow gold with turquoise and (from top) diamond ($1,245), tanzanite ($1,125), tsavorite ($1,125), and pink sapphire ($1,520)

Flower Power isn’t brand-new—the collection began blooming in early 2020 and, well, you know how things went in 2020. “The plan had been to launch Flower Power at Couture in 2020, but COVID had other plans,” Cleo Zancooe, daughter to Jane Taylor and sales and marketing director for the brand, tells JCK. “So we soft-launched the collection on Instagram in the fall of 2020. The happy nature of the collection resonated as a counterbalance to the weightiness what we were all living through, and we continue to add to the collection when joyful inspiration strikes.”

Of the collection’s origins, Zancooe explains: “After a successful two-plus years selling Sleeping Beauty turquoise huggies and cuff bracelets, in 2019 Jane recognized that turquoise was an underappreciated wardrobe neutral and wanted to brainstorm new ways to design with the material. She began playing with the loose stones and eventually landed on floral motifs, some more overt than others. And, of course, she built out faceted stone options as well, as she is one of the OG color queens of the ’90s wave of the American fine jewelry designer movement.”

Flower Power stud earrings in 14k rose gold with tanzanite and pink sapphire, $1,675

A gorgeous bouquet of Flower Power necklaces from Jane Taylor, with options in turquoise, pearl, and opal with colored gemstones and diamonds, prices on request

Flower Power has grown to include myriad colorful gemstones, in true Jane Taylor fashion, and it has proved that the flower is most definitely an icon for all seasons.

“The consumer reception to Flower Power was better than we imagined,” says Jane Taylor. “It led us to explore a lot of different color options and directions than originally planned.”

Huggie earrings in 14k yellow gold with pearl and tanzanite, $3,575

Flower Power one-of-a-kind drop earrings in 14k yellow gold with 8.31 cts. t.w. lapis, 4.67 cts. t.w. marquise tanzanite cut by Jean-Noel Soni, and 0.59 ct. t.w. round tanzanite, $13,135

Flower Power stud earrings in 14k yellow gold with opal and turquoise, $2,180

Taylor tells JCK the consumer mood for the holiday shopping season “may be easier to ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... wer-power/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)