These Pearls Are Small But Mighty

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some nice pearl pieces in this one that feature seed pearls, and others a bit larger, but not much so they're still small, and although the ring in the lead pic does nothing for me, I love the pink seed pearl necklace with the carved malachite frog, the earrings in the pic below it don't appeal to me, and it looks like some pearls are covered in gold which we've seen before but I didn't like them either. The puzzle ring below them is puzzling to me :lol: , and the double bracelet in the next shot is the favorite. The other ones are nice but the second favorite is the ring in the last pic. Check these out. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 11, 2023

"A classic strand, or maybe a simple pair of earrings, is likely the first thing that comes to mind when “pearl jewelry” is mentioned. But pearls are incredibly versatile, decorating jewels of all shapes and sizes.

Pearls themselves vary in size, and while seed pearls are frequently associated with antique pieces, smaller pearls—not all of which are officially considered seed pearls, due to their size—are getting loads of play in modern styles, too. These petite gems offer an exquisite contrast to the larger pearls making the rounds on the market of late.

You might look to diamonds to achieve a glittering accent that lights up a jewel, but pearls will add a luminous, polished effect, like a subtle, glowing highlight. A smart pair of hoop earrings, a vintage brooch, a delicate band—these are just some of the styles that benefit from the presence of pearls. Certain pieces featuring pearls may not even be categorized as “pearl jewelry”; they’re identified instead by their gold or another gem on them.

Below, see some newer jewelry that proves the might of the pearl, even at its smallest.

Leap necklace with pink seed pearls and carved malachite frog with diamond eyes, $1,950; Onirikka

Composition stud earrings in 10k yellow gold with seed pearls, $450; Brice Garrett

Glamour puzzle ring in white gold–plated sterling silver with freshwater pearls and CZ, $230; Matara

Flora and Fauna double bracelet in 18k yellow gold with seed pearls, $285; Toktam

Mogul circle hoop earrings in 18k yellow gold with pearls and 0.25 ct. t.w. diamonds, $3,650; Syna

Cluster ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.46 ct. ruby, 0.27 ct. t.w. champagne diamonds, and pearls, $3,500; Stacy Nolan

Necklace in 14k yellow gold with seed pearls, $685; Grace Lee

Lagrange large snap hoop earrings in 18k white gold with akoya pearls and 0.4 ct. t.w. diamonds, $8,500; Paul Morelli

Ring in yellow gold with seed pearls and 0.25 ct. t.w. diamonds, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ll-mighty/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)