Britt’s Pick: Cicada’s Witch-on-a-Broom Brooch

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I don't know about you, but I don't care for this one probably due to the vertical position of the broom since it doesn't look like she's riding it the way it is. I would have preferred it to be more horizontal with her sitting on it with knees bent instead of upright, but that's just me, and it's nice enough, and quite large too as you'll see in the second photo. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 10, 2023

"This time of year you’ve got to love a good Halloween jewel.

There are plenty of great pieces available. But the best ones combine fine materials with fun imagery to create quirky yet opulent jewels. Forget quiet luxury, we’re talking about whimsical luxury.

Like this brooch from the always splendiferous Cicada. What a witch!

In blackened metal decorated with multicolor sapphires and diamonds, this spellbinding witchy woman is fittingly festooned in midnight-hued glitter, with strands of gold to create her hair and the bristles of her broom—her vehicle of choice.

Cicada’s large bejeweled witch makes a statement worthy of a memorable Halloween.

The brooch is bewitching in not only its design, but also its statement size. There’s no missing this Halloween icon when it’s pinned on—no witch hunt required.

While Cicada’s creation certainly calls for Halloween exposure, it’s too gorgeous a treasure to reserve for one day (or month) out of the year. The symbol of the witch has been used to represent female empowerment, a challenge to the patriarchy—a potent sentiment suited to year-round wear, no matter the holiday or season.

No, it’s not just a bunch of hocus-pocus. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ch-brooch/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)