Miraco Enters Fine Jewelry Space With Inclusivity as Core Brand Value

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I assume something is wrong here since the author says this company debuted yesterday, which is the date on the newsletter so that can't be right, but if by chance it is, then the only explanation for her company shooting right to the top must be the use of the currently in vogue buzzwords like 'inclusivity' and 'diversity' coupled with the fact that she's a woman of color who makes nice jewelry. I'm sure that's part of it, but I can't imagine that the company began yesterday so I think the author got the date wrong. ;)

By Karen Dybis | October 10, 2023

The new fine jewelry brand Miraco offers consumers “statements, not basics,” according to its founder and CEO, Samira Baraki, who says she wants Miraco’s collections to be appreciated as elevated yet attainable.

Headed by a woman of color, the company—which officially debuted on Oct. 10—emphasizes inclusivity and diversity, Baraki says, and it approaches design, manufacturing, and marketing differently from other jewelry companies.

Baraki created her company name by combining part of her first name and the letters co to represent the team behind her vision. The New York–based brand manufactures its jewelry in Istanbul and Milan, Baraki says.

Miraco jewelry, such as the Triangle gold and diamond necklace ($900) and Serene bracelets ($1,500–$1,700), is designed to make a statement and be recognizable, says Samira Baraki.

Miraco’s gold jewelry is affordable because its primary material is hollow gold, which Baraki says marries “the beauty and allure of gold with comfort and wearability.” She calls this “the lightness of luxury”—quality materials without the typically higher prices of fine jewelry.

“While the jewelry space has become more crowded over the years, discerning customers have encountered a common challenge where the essence of true quality and craftsmanship has been lost. And on the other hand, the luxury category has retained its exclusivity in price,” Baraki says. “This is exactly the blank space that Miraco is addressing and what sets it apart from others.”

Miraco’s necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets start at $300 and average in price between $1,200 and $1,500. Its most luxurious pieces are the 14k gold Atlas earrings featuring pavé diamonds in a knotted pattern, priced at $5,980. Among Baraki’s favorites in the collection are the Rumi earrings, with their distinctive elongated shape.

“I have always loved elevated jewelry and enjoyed seeing pieces, especially the Ethiopian pieces I grew up seeing, as proud adornments of cultural expression. I loved the idea of investing in these pieces that I can keep forever or pass down to my family,” Baraki says. “Growing up, I didn’t really feel like luxury jewelry was for me because of the high price point and the lack of representation in the market.”

A geometric double band gold and diamond solitaire ring ($1,950) and Rumi earrings ($900–$2,700) show Miraco’s minimalist yet timeless style.

Miraco will hold itself to a higher standard in terms of representation, Baraki says. “As a woman of color, it was important that I build Miraco with inclusivity at its core. These values will continue to remain a guiding principle in everything we do,” she says.

“It is essential that we build the brand, our internal team, and visual marketing materials with diversity top of mind, which you’ll see come to life through our model casting, talent partnerships, and more over time.”

She got the idea for Miraco after purchasing a few jewels from a local atelier in Istanbul. “When I got home to the United States, the pieces were appraised for significantly more than what I had paid. I realized there could be an opportunity to bring more people luxury pieces at a lower entry point in price and more inclusive in representation,” she says.

Prior to founding Miraco, Samira worked for companies including United Airlines and The RLJ Companies. She earned her B.S. from Loyola University and later got a MBA from Strayer University. She says she looks forward to developing Miraco as a lifestyle brand that may include more than fine jewelry as it grows.

“Right now we are focused on luxury jewelry, but we have so many ..."

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... e-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)