Inside Paul Morelli’s New Manhattan Boutique

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Morelli moved his store from the Upper East Side to downtown on Madison Avenue, and expanded his square footage in his new store with the help of Labo Design Studio. Here's the result and it's very nice looking. ;)

By Annie Davidson Watson | October 09, 2023

"After nearly a decade at one Upper East Side location, jewelry designer Paul Morelli has moved his New York City boutique approximately 10 blocks downtown, to 725 Madison Ave., and nearly doubled its size, with 1,450 square feet in the new store.

In addition to the brand’s jewels, the new space showcases theatrical and Italian influences that are in Morelli’s DNA. His parents founded the house in the early 20th century as a creator of handmade, one-of-a-kind theater garments—in the same building in Philadelphia’s theater district where Morelli has his studio today. But it’s not all about the past: The new Manhattan boutique puts a spotlight on the company’s bright future.

Designer Paul Morelli and his daughter Maris Leo at the new Manhattan shop

“In expanding our Madison Avenue store into a space that not only highlights our jewelry creatively but also feels inviting and light, we are stepping into a new evolution and interpretation of our brand,” Morelli said in a statement. “The homage to my theatrical roots intersects with my Italian heritage in some of the most natural yet unexpected ways throughout the space, and I am so happy to call this our new home in New York City.”

Designed by Labo Design Studio‘s principal architect and founder, Raffaella Bortoluzzi, the boutique is open and airy, with vast arched glass partitions and concrete pillars embedded with fiberglass filaments that transmit light.

Inside Paul Morelli’s Madison Avenue boutique, designed by Labo Studio’s Raffaella Bortoluzzi

“When I saw the space, and knowing Paul’s roots, I immediately felt we needed to create a sort of a theatrical stage design,” Bortoluzzi said in a statement. “I remembered the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza by Palladio and its trompe l’oeil onstage scenery, designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, to give the appearance of long streets receding to a distant horizon. Here, we have brought together the best of Italy and the best of New York to highlight what Paul and his team do best: create and sell beautifully handcrafted fine jewelry.”

Pearl pieces from Paul Morelli’s Lagrange collection displayed at the new Manhattan boutique

Much like Morelli’s jewels, the ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -boutique/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)