Is it Time? Louis Vuitton Reconsiders What High Jewelry Should Be

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

From Roskin Gem News Report, I'm loving the pendant in the lead pic, and the bib necklace in the second shot has tanzanite, diamonds, a paraiba tourmaline, and a big opal on it for an opal fix for us today. There's a link at the end of the story to Town & Country where you can see more of these beautiful jewels so be sure to check them out. 8-)

October 3, 2023

STELLENE VOLANDES
SEP 30, 2023
Town & Country Magazine

… and answers with opals, tanzanite, and a history of the world.

COURTESY OF LOUIS VUITTON

"I was high above the Peloponnese, staring at a diamond bib with a 43-carat Australian opal, a 20-carat Paraíba tourmaline, and 91 carats of tanzanite, and all I could think of was Socrates. We were, admittedly, at the presentation of Francesca Amfitheatrof’s Louis Vuitton High Jewelry collection at Amanzoe, a hotel complex on the east coast of the Greek peninsula, and the room was lit to resemble a cave (different Greek philosopher, I am aware, but let’s free-associate). It suggested to me a Socratic-like method, which I could use to understand the immensity of the aquamarines and yellow sapphires and rubellites and emeralds I was surrounded by and connect them to the talk of tectonic shifts and volcanic eruptions and colossal waves that filled the room. “Beautiful things,” Socrates concluded, around 390 BC, “are difficult.” That evening in Athens, at the base of the Acropolis, choreographer Dimitris Papaioannou created a presentation of the collection. Models walked through the ancient theater Odeon of Herodes Atticus wearing the jewelry, followed by black-clad male dancers with ring lights in front of their faces. At the conclusion of the performance, accompanied by violinist Renaud Capuçon, a woman emerged from a shell, born and then adorned. It was a history of life, the earth, and jewelry, in under an hour.

Volcano: What happens when imagination erupts? A necklace like this, which also doubles as a brooch.
COURTESY OF LOUIS VUITTON

The exquisite ambition of Amfitheatrof’s High Jewelry for Vuitton issues a challenge: What should this level of jewelry be? What could it be? The boldness of her last five collections interrogates the expectations of the form in both approach and execution. The term “high jewelry” is used to describe the one-of-a-kind pieces created by a handful of houses using the rarest stones and the utmost craftsmanship. The collections are presented to private clients in beautifully staged events around the world. High jewelry is, to borrow a phrase from fashion, haute couture. It is expected to be beautiful and exceedingly well crafted. But to tell of supercontinents and the earth’s evolution? Not so much.

Tap here to read the complete feature on Vuitton in Town & Country. "

https://roskingemnewsreport.com/is-it-t ... should-be/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)