692-Carat Diamond Recovered From Karowe Mine

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

The Karowe mine has unearthed another beautiful not-so-little iceberg with this one, and it's the 20th diamond they've discovered this year that's over 100 carats. Here's why they're expecting to find a lot more. ;)

This 692.3-carat rough diamond was just recovered from the Karowe Diamond Mine in Botswana. It is a Type IIa diamond and measures 46.5 x 40.7 x 28.4 mm.

"Vancouver, British Columbia—The Karowe Diamond Mine in Botswana just delivered another 100-carat-plus diamond.

Owner and operator Lucara Diamond Corp. announced Monday that it has recovered a 692.3-carat stone from the mine.

The diamond, which measures 46.5 x 40.7 x 28.4 mm, is a Type IIa diamond. Lucara said it was found in the MDR (mega-diamond recovery) XRT unit from direct milling of ore sourced from the mine’s South Lobe.

The discovery of the 692-carat diamond comes less than two weeks after the company announced that the South Lobe had produced its fourth rough diamond weighing more than 1,000 carats since 2015.

The 1,080.1-carat diamond also is a Type IIa stone and was recovered in the Coarse XRT unit.

Lucara CEO William Lamb said the 692-carat diamond is the 20th stone weighing more than 100 carats recovered at Karowe so far this year.

He said its discovery “strongly supports” the company’s expectation of finding larger diamonds when it goes underground at the mine as the majority of material mined will be from the same phase of kimberlite.

Lamb, who first served as Lucara CEO from May 2011 to February 2018, took over again earlier this month, replacing Eira Thomas.

Underground production at Karowe originally was supposed to commence ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... arowe-mine
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)