TAG Heuer’s Monaco Timepiece Has a New Look

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

When I first saw this one I didn't think I cared for it, but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me until I finally decided I liked it. Here's TAG Heuer's revamped Monaco Chronograph, and if you don't care for it try doing what I did and see if it grows on you. :lol:

A new limited-edition run of the TAG Heuer Monaco Chronograph is decidedly old-school and, visually, would be as at home in the 1970s as it is today.

La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland—There’s a new limited-edition version of the TAG Heuer Monaco to whet watch collectors’ appetites.

The square case, water-resistant Heuer Monaco Chronograph debuted in 1969. It was named for the city that’s home to one of the most important Formula 1 races.

For TAG, the watch will always be associated with Steve McQueen, who wore the Monaco while filming iconic racing film “Le Mans” in 1970. In the years following, there have been many versions of the Monaco.

The newest iteration, the TAG Heuer Monaco Chronograph Racing Blue, finds inspiration in the history of motorsports.

TAG Heuer Monaco Chronograph Racing Blue Limited Edition finds inspiration in the classic blue that adorned French racing cars.

Before sponsors like oil companies and energy drinks had their logos and brand colors plastered across racecars, vehicles adhered to their country colors like British racing green and Italian red.

The Racing Blue watch takes its stylistic cues from classic French blue. The 3 o’clock permanent second indicator window and 9 o’clock minute chronograph counter are rendered in the shade, as are accents on the hours and the perforated calfskin strap.

The dial is crafted in silver with a sunray brushed finish that TAG likens to the engine-turned dashboard of sports cars of the 1920s and 1930s. Neon yellow accents provide contrast to the subdued blue and silver tones.

The Calibre 11 automatic chronograph movement is encased in sandblasted grade 2 titanium for lightness and is visible through the sapphire caseback, which is engraved with “One of 1000” to signify the limited-edition.

The Calibre 11 movement encased in titanium is visible through the sapphire caseback.

The date is visible on the dial via a window at the 6 o’clock position.

Available this month at TAG Heuer stores, online, and at select retail partners, the Monaco Chronograph Racing Blue Limited Edition is priced at ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... a-new-look
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)