Fura Gems to Invest $200m+ in Colombia Mine

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Fura Gems is slating 200 million to go to the emerald mine in Coscuez in Bogota, Colombia to benefit more than 700 families with jobs and assistance, and they provide opportunities for women so this will definitely be a boon to all of them and I say kudos, Fura! There's a link at the end of this to the full story at miningweekly.com, and the link to Roskin is below that. :)

June 29, 2023

“Good to be back in action! With over 240,000 carats of Rough Emerald from Coscuez mine makes it largest ever Rough Emerald displayed in the history of Colombian emerald!”
– Dev Shetty, FURA Founder & CEO

Reuters.com / Mining Weekly

"BOGOTA – Dubai-based miner Fura Gems will invest $200-million in its Colombia emerald mine over the next five years, an executive said on Wednesday.

The company is holding its fourth auction of rough emeralds from its Coscuez mine in central Boyaca province this week in Bogota.

Fura predicts the auction, which will move to Bangkok later this month before closing, will attract some 80 potential bidders from around the world, vying for 240,000 carats of the green gem.

*Our investments in Colombia exceeds $100 million.
*Our investments directly benefit more than 700 families and impact the lives of more than 10,000 people.
*We generate 451 direct jobs of which 70% are local labor
*We open opportunities for women in an industry that does not include [women]. Today 75 women (17%) of our team perform roles such as miners, geologists, mine supervisors and rock mechanics, among others.
*We have invested more than 10,000 million pesos [$2.4 million] in social projects for the Coscuez community"

Tap here to read the original feature in Creamer Media’s Mining Weekly.
https://www.miningweekly.com/article/fu ... 2023-06-15

https://roskingemnewsreport.com/fura-ge ... mbia-mine/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)