5 Exceptional Vintage and Antique Pearl Pieces

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are lovely vintage pearl pieces suitable for our June babies, and I like the detail in the leaves on the grape cluster in the lead pic, and also the way the setting hugs the large upright pearl in the Ruser ring. The others are lovely too, even if they're not my taste so check them out. :)

By Annie Davidson Watson | May 23, 2023

"While the lucky June-born have the option of three different birthstones, we’re focusing on pearl. (The month’s other birthstones are alexandrite and moonstone.) But these aren’t just any pearls—these are pieces that have stood the test of time and carry stories of other eras through their designs. Below are five outstanding vintage and antique pearl pieces on the market.

Leaf motif bracelet in silver-topped yellow gold with natural pearls, a 1.85 ct. old mine diamond, and 9 cts. t.w. diamonds, $95,000; Fred Leighton

Symbolizing love, immortality, and fidelity, ivy leaf was often used in Victorian and Edwardian jewels. Pearls that represent wisdom and protection strengthen the meaning of this Victorian-era bracelet.

Entwined hearts brooch in 18k yellow gold and enamel with diamonds and pearls, $7,000; Fred Leighton

It doesn’t get much more romantic than this Victorian keepsake depicting two connected hearts. And as a brooch, this jewel feels even more sentimental worn over the heart.

Ruser ring in platinum and 18k yellow gold with freshwater pearl and 0.33 ct. t.w. diamonds, $4,450; Lang Antiques

William Ruser, known as the jeweler to stars during Hollywood’s golden age, handmade this ring with yellow gold wrapping around a freshwater pearl. It’s truly one of a kind.

David Webb necklace in yellow gold and platinum with round-cut diamonds and baroque pearls, $69,300; 1stDibs

David Webb isn’t afraid to make a statement—and that’s certainly the case with this 20th-century necklace with oversize gold links and diamond-encircled pearls.

Grape cluster brooch (also pictured at top) in 14k yellow gold with a 0.03 ct. old mine diamond and seed pearls, $1,750; Lang Antiques

Lang Antiques put it best when describing this turn-of-the-century piece on its website: ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... eces-june/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)