ONE DAY UNTIL THE SOLAR ECLIPSE:

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

ONE DAY UNTIL THE SOLAR ECLIPSE:

Post by PinkDiamond »

Our members in Oz will be able to see this, and if you don't have eclipse glasses you can use a piece of used x-ray film if you have access to any. Just use the black part and not the part with the image. :)
ONE DAY UNTIL THE SOLAR ECLIPSE: Tomorrow, April 20th, a rare hybrid solar eclipse will sweep across Australia and Indonesia. Eclipse chaser Mohamad Sol couldn't wait. One day early, he snapped this picture of the Moon from inside the path of totality:

"Just the day before the total solar eclipse, I observed this fabulous moonrise from Exmouth, Australia, where the eclipse will be total on April 20th," says Sol.

A hybrid eclipse is a mixture of two types: an annular eclipse and a total eclipse. The difference is the size of the Moon. During the annular phase, the Moon is slightly too small to cover the entire solar disk, resulting in a "ring of fire." During the total phase, the whole sun is covered, revealing the sun's ghostly corona.

Tomorrow's eclipse begins as an annular eclipse over the Indian Ocean, transitions into a total eclipse as it moves over western Australia, then becomes an annular eclipse again over the South Pacific. The last time such a hybrid eclipse occurred was Nov. 3, 2013.

Outside the narrow red path (shown above), the eclipse will be partial--neither annular nor total. The sun will still be very bright, but shaped like a crescent as the Moon takes a bite out of the solar disk. Observers in this broad region can look directly at the eclipsed sun using safe solar eclipse glasses.

https://spaceweather.com/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: ONE DAY UNTIL THE SOLAR ECLIPSE:

Post by SwordfishMining »

I need to see BOTH of the USA crossing total eclipses starting next year. Maybe throw in some crystal & geode digging at the fee digs in Arkansas & Ohio and get a visit in to Opalholic headquarters at Pinks house LOL.
I can afford to not offer fee digging for a couple of weeks to do it. Actually trying to sell off the claims I fee dig on for the gem silica & chrysocolla besides the Virgin Valley offerings. I am the local real estate agent as far as for sale mining claims go, not some online paper reseller.
I really can be happy just doing mining on any single one for material to sell, not all 10. This old body is getting tired of just doing the minimum for maintenance on them along with the Adopt-A-Highway requirements, home owning ad nauseum.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"