Contemporary Jewelry With JB Jones: Fab Finds From Munich Jewellery Week

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There's such a thing as overkill, which is what both cross necklaces represent to me, but the pierced pearl faces are hilarious, especially the bottom one they could name after Jimmy Durante :lol: , and the carved pearl rings are definitely different from the norm. So I cut this off there since they can keep the textile pieces, and all the faces for that matter since y'all know they're not my cup of tea, but I will say the last one is rather funny. That said, I wouldn't buy any of these, would you? :?:

JB Jones
April 13, 2023

"Munich Jewellery Week is one of the longest running jewelry events in the world, and it’s part of a pack of events that comprise the ultimate annual showcase for contemporary jewelry. I was lucky enough to attend the 2023 edition in the German metropolis last month with my friend and New York City Jewelry Week co-founder, Bella Neyman.

The artist-run event features independent exhibitions of contemporary jewelry from artists around the globe, who fill empty storefronts, galleries (and often even non-jewelry businesses) with their jewelry for one solid week every March in Munich. The event runs parallel to the Schmuck fair, which is a more official-feeling—and much more competitive—contemporary jewelry showcase where jewelry galleries present their offerings (Schmuck also features a showcase called Talente, which celebrates young talent in the field through a curated exhibition).

All these events strictly feature contemporary jewelry and, collectively, are the most anticipated event of the year for the field. Which means, for someone like me, it’s the place to see what’s new and next and share those trends with you! So here goes.

Pearls

Hansel Tai pierced pearl necklaces

Pearls aren’t just for fine jewelry—they’re also a popular contemporary jewelry material. Young jewelry artist Hansel Tai buys pearls for his new “pierced” pearl pieces online (while they are still in the shell growing!), allowing him to select the perfect shapes, sizes, and colors for each unique piece (see necklace above). Jewelers Danni Schwaag and Lin Cheung both use mother of pearl in ways that capture the material’s precious qualities in modern forms. Lin’s MOP watch (see below) allows jewelry lovers to become “watch” fans and Danni’s carved rings (also below) are officially cult favorites.

Danni Schwaag carved pearl rings

... "

https://thezingreport.com/2023/04/conte ... e=hs_email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Contemporary Jewelry With JB Jones: Fab Finds From Munich Jewellery Week

Post by SwordfishMining »

Not in these shoes.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"