From Prism Volume 1 2023: Cutting Remarks, Into Reverse, Dalan Hargrave

All non-opal gemstone cutting discussions here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a second article from AGTA that I saved to post for you despite AGTA's 'non-reproduction' warning, which I quoted in the other article from them that I just posted, so I can't give you much of their stuff anymore unless they'll give me permission to post them, and most such requests go unanswered. :?

This one is worth posting since Dalan Hargrave's work is legendary in the industry, so if you like his work even if you don't want to try your hand at it, check this out. :)

February 22, 2023

Into Reverse

American lapidary artist Dalan Hargrave is a master of reverse-intaglio gem carvings.

By Jennifer Heebner, Editor in Chief

"For 26 years, Dalan Hargrave of Gemstarz Jewelry has been setting the lapidary world on fire with cutting skills some call the work of a god. From his abode in the Texas Hill Country, Hargrave has turned out more Spectrum & Cutting Edge AwardTM-winning pieces than he can remember—well, almost.

“My first two carvings received Spectrum & Cutting Edge Awards, one of which was a collaboration with Thomas Harth Ames and Art Guyon that received Best of Show in 1999,” he says. “There isn’t a humble way to say this, but I stopped counting awards after 80, and that was years back. I do feel honored to have received Best of Show and Best of Competition (from Lapidary Journal’s Gemmy Awards) six times. But the best reward of all is for clients to appreciate my work enough to buy it.”

Genesis of a Master ... "

https://agta.org/from-prism-volume-1-20 ... -hargrave/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)