Pearl 
Pandemonium

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Pearl 
Pandemonium

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some gorgeous pearl pieces in this one and it's picture heavy and short on text so I'm taking you through my favorite of the items, and you'll want to use the link to see the others because there's more left in the article than I'm posting for you here. ;)

Pearl 
Pandemonium

The pearl’s popularity seems unstoppable.
August 29, 2022
By Becky Stone Instore September 2022 Issue

"TODAY’S TRENDSETTERS LOVE to turn tradition on its head, subverting the expected to create something new. No jewelry category is better suited to this than the pearl. With bright colors, daring details and surprising silhouettes, today’s pearl jewelry is a riot of innovation, and customers can’t get enough.

Pearl jewelry by Anna Beck includes twisted pearl studs in 18K gold plating over sterling silver, $160; baroque pearl pendant necklace, $315; coin pearl pendant necklace in hand-twisted gold, $425; elongated oval chain collar necklace, $195; coin pearl twisted band ring, $320; twisted cuff bracelet, $380; tapered twist cuff bracelet, $385; and elongated box chain bracelet, $150. Visit annabeck.com or email brittany@michelemariepr.com for more information. MODEL: Lauren Taylor. PHOTOGRAPHER: kate miss. AGENCY: Michele Marie PR

Enchanting Elegance

These pearl jewels are delicate and elegant, with soft colors and vintage-inspired details that evoke a romantic echo of days gone by. Luminous pearls take center stage, accentuated with shimmering diamonds, buttery gold or touches of color. Whether they’re perfect for daily wear or destined to be the finishing touch on a black-tie ensemble, these stunning styles are beautiful by anyone’s measure.

Jarilyn Jewelry 14K white gold necklace

Jarilyn Jewelry

14K white gold necklace with freshwater pearls and green amethyst (detachable).

$4,500

(831) 238-0977, jarilynjewelrycarmel.com

Stuller

14K yellow gold necklace with Akoya pearl.

$520.17

(800) 877-7777, stuller.com

Yoko London

18K white gold necklace with freshwater pearls and diamonds (0.66 TCW).

$5,000

+44 20 7025 070, yokolondon.com

Gabriel & Co.

14K white gold ring with diamonds (0.25 TCW) and pearls.

$1,025

(212) 519-1400, gabrielny.com

Vahan

14K yellow gold and sterling silver ring with diamonds (0.24 TCW) and pearl.

$3,275

(914) 937-1800, vahanjewelry.com

... "

https://instoremag.com/from-elegant-to- ... l-designs/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Pearl 
Pandemonium

Post by SwordfishMining »

All I had to say was "Wow"! Does the weight of gold and gems pull that expression onto a woman's face? All I had was another name for a "clam". The skill used in matching shades and hues in pearls the graduating them has to be like pricing opals in ease. Not even.
Marine biologists have described a new species of the oyster genus Pinctada from the east coast of Phuket Island, Thailand, in the Andaman Sea.

Pinctada is a genus of saltwater oysters in the bivalve mollusk family Pteriidae.
There are approximately 20 scientifically recognized Pinctada species.
They are widely distributed from shallow to deep waters of the tropical and subtropical regions between the Indo-Pacific and western Atlantic.
They are not closely related to either the edible oysters or the freshwater pearl mussels.
Several Pinctada species produce the pearls of jewelry quality that seem to have sustained from ancient times the human definition of beauty and rarity.
“Several Pinctada species are used widely in pearl aquaculture and in industry including the Akoya pearl oyster (Pinctada fucata) in Japan; the black-lip pearl oyster (Pinctada margaritifera) in the South Pacific and Indo-Pacific Islands; and the silver-lipped pearl oyster (Pinctada maxima) in western Australia,” said Kasetsart University researcher Narongrit Muangmai and colleagues.

“While the pearl farming industry has expanded rapidly during recent decades, our understanding of biodiversity, evolution, and conservation of Pinctada species is still limited.”
In their new study, the scientists examined 15 specimens of pearl oysters collected around Dok Mai Island by SCUBA diving.

“We recently collected several Pinctada specimens from Phuket, and some of them were quite different in external appearance from other reported Pinctada species in this area,” they said.
“In the present study, we aimed to clarify the taxonomic status of these specimens based on morphological and molecular analyses.”
Their analyses and species delimitation approach showed that the specimens were genetically distinct from other species in the genus.
Named Pinctada phuketensis, the new species resembles the Akoya pearl oyster but differs by its smaller size (shell height does not exceed 8 cm, or 3.1 inches) and the absence of hinge teeth.

“The new species can be distinguished from other members of the genus by its smaller size, a subquadrate shell with moderately long ligament, slightly developed to undeveloped posterior auricle, the absence of hinge teeth, a pale to transparent non-nacreous margin with dark brown or black blotches, and brownish stripes on the external surface,” the authors said.

“It is apparent that further work on Pinctada species based on combined data of different genetic markers and more expansive sampling from different geographic regions will uncover their diversity, phylogenetic relationships and evolutionary patterns,” they added.

The team’s paper was published in the journal Zootaxa.
S. Somrup et al. 2022. Pinctada phuketensis sp. nov. (Bivalvia, Ostreida, Margaritidae), a new pearl oyster species from Phuket, western coast of Thailand. ZooKeys 1119: 181-195; doi: 10.3897/zookeys.1119.87724
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"