If I Could Buy These 5 Jewels, I’d Be Complete

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are lovely, but IMHO the first three are the best, with the second and third being my two favorites so I'll cut this off after the third photo and you'll need to use the link to see the other pieces. 8-)

By Victoria Gomelsky | August 30, 2022

"Being a jewelry lover can be a true liability when you’re a jewelry editor, like me. If I purchased every piece I saw and coveted, I’d be finely bejeweled—and homeless.

Which isn’t to say that I don’t dream about buying jewelry. Especially when I’m in Las Vegas for jewelry week. Perhaps because the pandemic limited opportunities to see jewelry in person, the collections I saw at the JCK and Couture shows in June blew me away with their creativity, originality, and craftsmanship.

Below are five pieces that have been on my mind since I spied them in Sin City.

The crab pendant in Menagerie, Lauren Harwell Godfrey’s capsule collection of animal-inspired pieces, spoke to me because my sun sign is Cancer and while I’m always drawn to the symbol, I’ve never seen the creature crafted quite so intricately or lovingly (even its little claws are articulated!).

Crab pendant in 18k yellow gold with coral, pink and orange sapphires, pearl, and diamonds, price on request; Harwell Godfrey

The extraordinary earrings in Lydia Courteille’s gem-tastic Indian Song collection are statement makers of the highest order. As a devotee of Indian history and culture, I recognize a fellow Indophile when I see one. The elaborate pieces Courteille created are a love letter to Indian cosmology and architecture, to Hindu temples and the gods that occupy them, and to the birds and animals of Indian myths and magic. They are substantial in every way.

Indian Song earrings in 18k gold with 80 cts. t.w. rubellites, 1.25 cts. t.w. spinel, 21 cts. t.w. emeralds, 2.53 cts. t.w. rubies, 2.26 cts. t.w. sapphires, and 0.48 ct. t.w. white diamonds, price on request; Lydia Courteille

If money were no object, I’d sate my long-standing desire for an important gemstone ring with ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... mplete-me/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: If I Could Buy These 5 Jewels, I’d Be Complete

Post by SwordfishMining »

Nice. You have to appreciate the time it takes to get to that level both in materials and talent, let alone the buyers funding everything.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"