How I Got Here: Logan Hollowell on Visualizing a Goal and Acting On It

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

They don't mention it in the article, but one of the photos says in the caption that she has a new linen collection, as in clothing, and the article does mention that she worked for a fashion designer so apparently she offers more than just jewelry. :)

By Karen Dybis | August 24, 2022

"Logan Hollowell (pictured) is a study in contrasts: Her attraction to magic, crystals, and spirituality is balanced with an extreme work ethic, a willingness to take risks, and determination to stay true to her personal vision of success.

So, while she’ll admit she’s inspired by fairies and mermaids, she also moved to Los Angeles on her own at age 17, leased an apartment, and started attending Santa Monica College. She pursued a jewelry career by working her way up from a behind-the-scenes job to her own fine jewelry brand, launching Logan Hollowell in 2014.

What helps Hollowell turn uncertainty into reality is her dream board—photos or drawings of what she wants to achieve. Then, she goes out and makes it happen; even mermaids would be impressed with that kind of drive.

Logan Hollowell’s Eau de Rosecut collection highlights the rose shape as one of the most symbolic flowers, giving the wearer both beauty and good vibrations.

Or, more frequently, Hollowell says she finds the universe sends her a sign that she willingly picks up on and runs with—like when Hollowell was waitressing at a boutique hotel and met the jewelry designer she ultimately worked for.

“Visualizing my dreams was crucial to putting myself in a goal-oriented mindset,” Hollowell says in an email interview. “Creating a vision board allows me to manifest my goals and aspirations into a reality. It is important to strive for goals of all sizes, big and small, and celebrate the little wins along the way to build momentum. Everything I post on my board realizes if it is part of my divine path—I believe that wholeheartedly.”

Hollowell’s childhood might be the reason why she can walk the line between the natural world and the supernatural. She was raised on the Outer Banks in North Carolina, and she says she has “profound childhood memories of growing up barefoot on beaches, in the wilderness, on boats on the sound side, and underneath the stars.”

The stars inspired her throughout her early life in making her own jewelry, when she dragged her mom to crystal stores and jewelry shops.

“I would love gemstones and literally go inside of them, which is hard to explain. I would enter the gem and a world—sometimes a dream world of a mermaid, a queen, or an explorer. I would wander into crystal shops and play for hours on end, collecting and curating my magic box,” Hollowell says.

Hollowell’s new Linen collection features light, summery clothing and jewelry that blends her mystical beliefs with her core values of working hard and following your dreams.

“I had a box full of gems and costume jewelry that I loved playing with. From the age of 14, I would go to flea markets and search vintage shops for inexpensive jewelry that I could take apart and rework to make it my own,” Hollowell says. “I was infatuated with the allure and magical feeling it brought to me. I knew I wanted to create pieces with stories and help people go within, through the power of these magical talismans I first saw in my mind.”

Hollowell held a variety of jobs after she left college, including working for Los Angeles fashion designer Petro Zillia and reading scripts for producer at Warner Bros. But even as she waited on tables, she knew her childhood fascination with crystals, costume jewelry, and gemstones could move her into a position to become a jewelry designer.

“It’s funny, because I don’t see it as brave, as it was my path and nothing about it scared me,” Hollowell says. “I was simply following my intuition on where I was supposed to be. I wanted to go to college to learn more about psychology and the human mind as well as storytelling and how to market products. I wish I had time to go back and take some more classes. One day.”

Certainty with uncertainty—that’s how ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... hollowell/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: How I Got Here: Logan Hollowell on Visualizing a Goal and Acting On It

Post by SwordfishMining »

Like Leonardo Da Vinci. I think most creators have a talent and if its given rein will go in that direction also. I cant remember the numbers of assistants he used.
I miss in depth researched articles even if they are downsized to a few lines of concentrated facts. Rock and Gem has slipped in the proof reading department since the change and makes blunders like putting lapidary gems in with faceted gems, fine opals in lapidary materials with agates and not even saying them or jasper that can be VeriPeri too. I went and bought the NFT veriperi.x just because Virgin Valley Opal in wood can be any shade.
I'm sad that even coffee wont cure as both my parents were accountants and I know how money works. Not like they are drifting it around.
Oh well, I gots Chrysocolla to roll out of the forester at the library. They are creating a garden space and im grounding it with a few tons of rocks. LOL. Any members that write Ill break them a deal off the ESTY price even just to have it out there. (Even if others are selling it on ESTY I never got it polished- searching for that druzy vein in the mountain somewhere for my 20$ a gram.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"