These Barbiecore Jewels Will Have You Thinking Pink

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I bet when you saw the title of this one that you thought like I did that I'd be into these, and I am into the color, but not the materials since they're mostly enamel and synthetic gemstones, and although I love the color of the ring in the second pic, the gems are all lab-growns and the gold is vermeil. This is picture heavy so I'm only taking you through the second pic and you'll need to use the link to see the full lineup. There's only one item with natural gemstones in this one, and the lips ring is simp0ly garish. I should have expected as much from a fad geared around Barbie, so oh well. I'll definitely pass on these jewels. :lol:

By Annie Davidson | August 16, 2022

"So, Barbiecore is a thing.

Put on the radar by Margot Robbie, spotted behind the scenes on the set of Greta Gerwig’s upcoming film, Barbie (premiering in 2023), sporting spandex, neon, and over-the-top accessories, Barbie dressing has taken society by storm. Since, we’ve seen the trend on runways including Versace’s fall/winter 2022 and a range of celebrities from Kim Kardashian boosting Balenciaga’s most Barbie-worthy looks to Zendaya in a Valentino campaign and Hailey Bieber, just for fun.

The main ingredient? That perfect shade of Barbie hot pink, which is something that can be easily translated into jewels. And while brights were already having a moment in the world of fine jewelry and watches, now we can be sure that the trend is here to stay. Plus, it’s that perfect dose of nostalgia that’s been influencing the fashion industry lately, as people look for comfort in different times. (It looks like it really is a Barbie world, after all.)

In light of the movement, here are a few of the best Barbie pink jewels—from a big ol’ fuchsia pink sapphire ring to a polyester statement bracelet and a playful neon pink Hotlips ring. Life in plastic is fantastic, but life in jewels, we’re arguing, is even better.

Rose Mermaid ring in 18k yellow and rose gold vermeil with lab-grown fuchsia pink sapphires, rose pink sapphires, simulated white diamonds, and cultured freshwater pearls, $2,385; Anabela Chan

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... nk-jewels/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)