Get To Know Peridot

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Get To Know Peridot

Post by PinkDiamond »

This one from the American Gem Society will be the first one I'm posting for our August babies, which includes me at the end of August, and I'm enamored with the color of this Pakistani material so I definitely need to get some. I have quite a few pieces of jewelry with the traditional yellowish green type, as well as the extraterrestrial pallasite form of peridot, so since this has such a different color from the peridots I have I feel like I need to add (at least :mrgreen: ) one to my collection, so I'd better start saving up for a big juicy one. :lol:

There's a two minute YT video in this that's cleverly done, and gives some interesting information on peridot that some of our readers may not be aware of so since I got a kick out of it, I'm hoping that you will too. This stuff has gorgeous color. 8-)

Get To Know Peridot
July 19, 2022

"Peridot is one of three stunning birthstones for August, along with sardonyx and spinel. Recognized for its vibrant verdant hue, peridot adds a bold pop of color to any piece of jewelry.

Ancient Egyptians called peridot the “gem of the sun,” believing it protected its wearer from terrors of the night. Some historians believe that Cleopatra’s famed emerald collection may have actually been peridot!

Interested in learning more about peridot? Check out this “All About Birthstones” video featuring Danielle Barber from Suna Bros. She tells us why she’s fallen in love with this “go big or go home” apple-green gemstone and more! "

https://www.americangemsociety.org/all- ... peridot-2/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)