Britt’s Pick: Opal Statement Ring By Dale Novick

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Sadly, I'm not fond of this opal ring at all since I'm not into 'chunky' gold settings, nor do I care for the gemstones embedded into the sides of the ring that look like they were shot into moon craters, :lol: and quite frankly, I'm not fond of the unfinished look of the opal itself. I had high hopes when I clicked the link, but was sorely disappointed when I saw this one. Bummer for me, but perhaps y'all will find it more aesthetically pleasing than I do. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | July 12, 2022

"For those in the market for more big jewelry, one ring from the New York–based fine jeweler Dale Novick might do.

The birthstone for October, opal is an oft-coveted gemstone that delivers throughout the year, bringing luminescent color and an airy rainbow style.

This special ring has two counts for rainbow: an ocean of opal at its center, organically shaped and overflowing with color; and an assortment of fancy color sapphires, set into a rocky cliff of gold that is the ring’s memorable setting.

The whole thing has a very Mediterranean seaside feel about it, all turquoise waters and ancient surroundings. That must be why it feels so incredibly summery—even the setting’s texture and gemstone accents echo adventures underwater, like colorful fish peeking out from their coral homes. That may not be what the designer intended, but art has a way of speaking to its viewer in myriad voices, and for yours truly it seems the sea is calling.

Others may find themselves drawn to the very rainbowness of the ring, both living within its center stone and created by a smattering of sapphires, whether to represent a life lived colorfully, happiness after a storm, or a timely ode to last month’s Pride celebrations.

Others still might be drawn to the chunky gold setting simply because we have collectively long adored chunky gold settings—they’re still wildly popular, and once you begin to either covet or collect them, you’re likely to want more. Novick manages to give equal play to all of the elements featured in this creation—where a glowing opal might ordinarily be the scene-stealer, we’re just as likely to take notice of its golden home and other colorful residents.

Dale Novick has a wide range of other statement pieces (including ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... le-novick/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Britt’s Pick: Opal Statement Ring By Dale Novick

Post by SwordfishMining »

We welcome back the asymmetrical "Chunk 'O' Gold" studded with side stones look showcasing a great carved Opal finish to the land of precious woods, not that they ever have straight grained precious (line fire) much. I always say it breaks thru the best play of color but we have to saw it, not split it with a natural path to two matching stones. Lab diamonds with their ice look would also focus in to whats on top of the creation.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"