A TIGER ELVE OVER TEXAS:

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

A TIGER ELVE OVER TEXAS:

Post by PinkDiamond »

We were hit with vicious storms Sunday night into Monday, and after being jolted awake yesterday morning by an explosion, I found our phone and internet were dead, and since the storms continued most of yesterday it didn't get fixed until around 5pm today. When Steve drove up the mountain to call in the outage, he called his friend and was talking when another arm of the storm rolled over him with so many lightning strikes he came back down the mountain quickly, but at that point the torrential rains made it almost impossible for him to see, and we got so much rain things are still gushing out of the ground so I was glad we didn't get any more rain today, and hope the rains called for tomorrow miss us.

This ELVE below was caused by the storms when they were rolling through Texas, and I don't remember ever hearing that term before much less seeing a photo of it, and there's video of it too so use the link to see it. Pretty amazing. :!:
A TIGER ELVE OVER TEXAS: For a few milliseconds last Friday night, an enormous (100 km wide) red ring of light appeared over west Texas. Thomas Ashcraft photographed it from across the state line in New Mexico:

A TIGER ELVE OVER TEXAS: For a few milliseconds last Friday night, an enormous (100 km wide) red ring of light appeared over west Texas. Thomas Ashcraft photographed it from across the state line in New Mexico:

This is an "ELVE"--short for Emissions of Light and Very Low Frequency Perturbations due to Electromagnetic Pulse Sources. It's a rare species of sprite discovered in 1990 by cameras onboard the space shuttle. Ashcraft may have just taken the best ever picture of one from the ground.

"The ELVE was generated by a super-strong lightning stroke that occurred over west Texas near the town of Borger at April 28 2022 0439:10.5326 UT," says Ashcraft. "Note also the sprite elements at the bottom of the ELVE."

The lightning bolt was so strong, it generated an intense electromagnetic pulse (EMP). The red ring marks the spot where the EMP hit Earth's ionosphere. Normal lightning bolts carry 10 to 30 kilo-ampères of current; this bolt was about 10 times stronger than normal.

Above: A close-up view of the ELVE shows "tiger stripes" and sprites near the center of the ring.

"The lightning stroke that manifested this event registered on VLF radios at least as far away as Germany," notes Ashcraft. "You can actually hear the lightning stroke in my video."

Bonus: This is also a Tiger ELVE. Note the linear corrugations across the red ring. These are impressed on the ELVE by gravity waves in the upper atmosphere. Like a tiger, this ELVE has stripes.

Learn more about the history and physics of ELVEs here and here.
https://spaceweather.com/archive.php?vi ... &year=2022
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: A TIGER ELVE OVER TEXAS:

Post by SwordfishMining »

These new long distance photos over the tops of thunder heads are great. There are also Sprites. This was see with your own eyes proof the electrical connections were also into the upper atmosphere reacting with "space". The Sun and the Earth are locked magnetically, gravitationally & electrically and that effects our temperature when the Sun is heating up more than our pollution cools us (proven during the lockdowns).

Such fun this huge E-Ticket ride we live on. I wish we did not make such ignorant trouble for ourselves instead of taking care of our species against the environment. Life gets in the way I understand and there are such pretty squirrels to watch; black ones in DC.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"