Sotheby’s Palm Beach to Host a Sale of Contemporary Female Jewelry Designers

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are nice pieces, but it's too bad they only show three of them, and there's no link in the article to see all that's going to be offered, which includes more than just jewelry. ;)

This ring by female-led fine jewelry brand Marlo Laz will be part of a special sale of contemporary female fine jewelry designers at Sotheby’s Palm Beach next week.

"Palm Beach, Fla.—As Mother’s Day approaches, Sotheby’s is hosting a special sale to benefit an organization fighting the maternal healthcare crisis.

Running April 4-10, the auction house’s Palm Beach gallery will offer works from an array of contemporary female jewelry designers like Daniela Villegas, Alice Cicolini, Renna, Almasika, and Marlo Laz.

Featuring over 100 pieces, including one-of-a-kind jewels, a portion of proceeds will benefit nonprofit organization Mother Lovers, which raises awareness and funds to fight maternal mortality in the United States.

The sale is curated by fine jewelry consultancy The Stax Advisory and has personal significance for the company’s co-founder Victoria Lampley-Berens, who lost her mother to cancer five years ago.

Soon after, she became a mother to two children in quick succession. A move to Los Angeles and the pandemic brought further change.

“Grief, displacement, and motherhood became the biggest themes in my life seemingly overnight,” she said. “I felt an urge to channel my grief into something positive, beautiful, and motivating, while paying homage to my late mother’s amazing taste and style.”

These one-of-a-kind earrings from Renna are just one of a more than 100 jewels that will be for sale at Sotheby’s Palm Beach.

The longtime publicist launched The Stax Advisory last spring with editor Laurel Pantin, helping private clients shop for fine jewelry and consulting for brands.

The Sotheby’s partnership has been in the works nearly from the beginning.

“It’s a totally serendipitous twist of fate—my mother lived in Palm Beach for a time, and she loved jewelry. I wanted to start this business in honor of her, so everything about this partnership feels meant to be,” Lampley-Berens explained of the synergy between the companies.

The sale’s charitable component brings awareness to maternal mortality, an often-overlooked issue.

According to Mother Lovers, women in the U.S. are twice as likely to die in childbirth today than they were 20 years ago. The U.S. is the only nation of the most economically developed countries to have a rising maternal mortality rate.

Mother Lovers wants to broaden the conversation about the topic while also demanding that people are treated with more respect before, during, and after birth.

A gold and diamond necklace from Nancy Newberg

The Sotheby’s Palm Beach sale in partnership with The Stax Advisory and Mother Lovers will commence with a preview on Monday, April 4. Regular exhibition hours will be Tuesday, April 5 through Saturday, April 9 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, April 10 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Priced between ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... -designers
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Sotheby’s Palm Beach to Host a Sale of Contemporary Female Jewelry Designers

Post by SwordfishMining »

I do like shiny things but at some point I always come back to, some of these designers need to discover a piece of gem Virgin Valley wood opal they can work with or use it in a line of their "whatever can drop in" jewellery. I can't seem to get past do a single thing at a time & then its somebodies birthday or graduation I could use a gift for...but by then Ive got another bucket from mining. Someday. I know the kids wont' let moss grow on it when they inherit the lot. Until then the finds keep going into mineral collections or gem cases. Gas is 5.70 a gallon here now so, travel ain't cheap.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Re: Sotheby’s Palm Beach to Host a Sale of Contemporary Female Jewelry Designers

Post by PinkDiamond »

The article above from National Jeweler didn't show us much as far as the jewelry is concerned, so I'm adding this one on the same subject from JCK since it shows us more pieces, and has better shots of the ones its showing. I'm getting a kick out of the brooches in the second pic. :)

Sotheby’s Palm Beach x The Stax Celebrates Women Jewelry Designers
By Amy Elliott | March 31, 2022

"Next week, a new selling exhibition arrives at Sotheby’s Palm Beach gallery, offering South Florida jewelry collectors a unique opportunity to shop a selection of jewels by some highly coveted designers (and longtime JCK editor favorites), including Alice Cicolini, Lydia Courteille, Daniela Villegas, Loren Nicole, Marlo Laz, Renna, Guita M, Nina Runsdorf, Almasika, and Prounis.

Encompassing more than 130 pieces representing the work of 24 female designers, the sale is being produced in collaboration with The Stax, a new venture billing itself as a full-service jewelry and style advisory. “We work like art advisers for jewelry, advising and steering our clients to both invest in heritage jewelers and contemporary talent to make future heirlooms that come from the heart,” says Victoria Lampley, who founded The Stax with Laurel Pantin, a former fashion and style editor (at InStyle, Coveteur, and other publications). “We also help with sourcing anything from a vintage signet ring to making a fully bespoke engagement ring, while happily advising on resets of existing family jewelry and/or styling their current jewelry collection.”

It’s the first time The Stax has partnered with Sotheby’s. Since launching the brand last year, Lampley says she and her team have also worked on organizing bespoke commissions from Taffin, Solange Azagury-Partridge, Elizabeth Gage, Renato Cipullo, and Belperron, while fostering new relationships with “a mixed bag of both new-ish and esteemed established jewelers such Jenna Katz, Matturi, Akaila Reid, Arielle Ratner, Sherman Field, Sophie Keegan, Courtney Leidy, and Rebecca Pinto, among others.”

Looking ahead, The Stax has shifted to a more hybrid advisory model. “We work with our private clients to advise on everything from sourcing extraordinary pieces to commissioning fully custom bespoke pieces with the right jeweler and also work alongside a selection of retained jewelry clients to advise them on everything from brand storytelling and collaborations to social strategy and business development. We also style campaigns and can help with trunk shows and fostering strategic relationships with showrooms and the press.”

The Sotheby’s exhibition is an in-person only affair, on view and shoppable at Sotheby’s Palm Beach gallery April 4–10.

As the sale is timed with Mother’s Day shopping in mind, a portion of the proceeds will benefit the charity Mother Lovers, which is helping to battle the maternal health care crisis in the United States, where, according to a press release accompanying the sale, women are twice as likely to die in childbirth today than they were 20 years ago. Furthermore, the United States has the only rising maternal mortality rate in the developed world.

The featured jewels have been curated to tell a story that pays homage to female talent. And for those who can’t attend the sale in person, but are longing for signs of warmer weather, the pieces highlighted below (and up top) perfectly capture the best of the Palm Beach area’s colors, scenery, and bon vivant lifestyle. Dive in!

Two Deep Sea Poisson brooches in 18k gold with diamonds and fancy sapphires, $72,128; Lydia Courteille

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -the-stax/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)