6 Super-Chic Yellow Gold Wedding Rings By BIPOC-Owned Brands

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are gorgeous rings, and I like the first one best, and find the second one appealing so you'll see them below, but although they're all nice, and the designs are unique, I doubt any of you will like the last one any more than I do. It's definitely different, but it takes a lot more than being different to be appealing so although I'm sure some will love it, it's not for me and I would be surprised if it appeals to you either, so LMK. ;)

By Victoria Gomelsky | February 23, 2022

"A year ago, when the Natural Diamond Council and red carpet design staple Lorraine Schwartz teamed up to create the Emerging Designers Diamond Initiative (EDDI) to help BIPOC jewelers obtain access to diamond resources, education, and mentoring, we had high hopes for what the talented jewelers who took part in the program would do with the $20,000 diamond credits and retail opportunities they received.

Now, thanks to Greenwich St. Jewelers, a family-run, second-generation retail jewelry business based in downtown Manhattan—the first retailer to carry the pieces in-store—it’s clear that the initiative has borne some truly spectacular fruit, not the least of which are some rings with striking diamond designs set in yellow gold just right for brides searching for a distinctive look.

“It’s really interesting to see how they approached working with diamonds and gold,” Greenwich St. Jewelers co-owner Jennifer Gandia tells JCK. “Each of those collections is so strong, they’re so unique, they tell their own stories. Nothing looks like a derivative of anything else that’s out there on the market.

“These are the designers who I believe will shape the future of the industry,” she adds. “And I know there are hundreds and thousands of others behind them who will continue to do that as well.”

Below, we spotlight a selection of engagement rings and wedding bands, most of them by Black-owned brands (Constance Polamalu of Birthright Foundry is American Samoan), including two styles by EDDI designers available at Greenwich St. through April 30, both in-store and online. If you’re asking, we do!

Tatau diamond stacking band in 18k yellow gold with 0.7 ct. t.w. trillion diamonds, $6,650; Birthright Foundry at Greenwich St. Jewelers

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ed-brands/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)