Piece of the Week: Bea Bongiasca’s Colorful Diamond Ring Stack

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Eh, no. I can't imagine why anyone would want to cover a beautiful diamond with a second ring in colorful enamels - unless the diamond has a big honkin' eye-visible black flaw smack dab in the middle of the table. Then this could come in handy, but otherwise I say, LOL! Would you wear something like this? :lol:

They're actually sold as a set, so obviously the diamonds are clean, and there's a second shot of the rings separated at the end of the article, so you can get a better look at them via the link. It's not for me, but to each his own. ;)

"Non-traditionalists, Bea Bongiasca would be the perfect engagement ring designer for you.

The colorful Italian designer exudes rainbow-hued happiness in her popular enamel jewelry, her pink jewel box of a boutique in Milan, her clothing and even her manicures.

But her newest rings are her most colorful yet, combining multiple shades of enamel for a candy store-like effect.

Available now on MatchesFashion.com, the “Rainbow Ring” is actually a stack of two.

One is a simple diamond solitaire in 18-karat yellow gold, featuring a marquise-cut diamond. Accompanying it is Bongiasca’s signature looping setting that has the audacity to wind and twirl over the diamond, turning our notions about how precious stones are presented completely on their heads.

Also in 18-karat gold, the second band features rainbow stripes of enamel. Sold as a set, the stack sells for $9,300.

Perfect on any finger, we love the idea of a bride rocking this playful pair as an engagement ring and wedding band, or even commissioning their own special piece in the same spirit and style. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... ring-stack
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Piece of the Week: Bea Bongiasca’s Colorful Diamond Ring Stack

Post by SwordfishMining »

If they used a two color motive they could say things in binary there.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Bea Bongiasca’s Diamonds Are Di-Vine

Post by PinkDiamond »

LOL! It must just be me who thinks it's ridiculous to cover a diamond without a visible flaw with anything, much less enamel, since I just found an article on this designer's work in JCK, too. At least this one has more than one item in it so I thought I'd add the article to this thread, if only for the amusement factor. :lol:

I will say there is one in this one that I like, and it just happens to be in the second pic so I'm showing you the first one, which we saw in the other article, plus the only one I'd look at twice. Why? It's the only one without anything over the diamond, and no enamel. :mrgreen:

Bea Bongiasca’s Diamonds Are Di-Vine
By Brittany Siminitz | February 11, 2022

[i]"For a brand that is relatively young, Bea Bongiasca seems to have already achieved icon status.

Officially founded in 2013—making it nearly 10 years old!—the eponymous brand hailing from Milan puts out work that others can’t seem to get enough of.

And that’s exactly when you know you’ve made it—when the copycats come calling.

“There are two types of copycats that I have come across,” says Bongiasca. “The first kind buys rip-offs on websites like Alibaba for €1 and resells them for €40 on Etsy or on their Instagram page, where they literally just sell copies of various designers. The thing is, if it costs that little, what is even in it? Probably not even brass or any decent enamel, that’s for sure. Leaving me to wonder how it is made and in what working conditions.

“The second type is a brand that is very ‘inspired’ by the type of jewels we are doing. Even if it isn’t part of their DNA to be colorful or fun, they randomly come out with these collections banking on the pop trend.
I think people see through this kind of forced act, and so it does not really bother me because I know that what we do stems from true passion, and it is all part of our brand identity.”

Color really is in Bea Bongiasca’s brand DNA, which displays a Pantone-worthy range of hues in its enamel rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and—most recently—jewelry boxes.

Baby Vine ring in 18k gold with 0.7 ct. marquise diamond, $8,500

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -diamonds/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)