Spiders and Space Pirates: The Wonderfully Weird Watches of MB&F

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, I think we'll all be able to agree that these are some of the most uniquely outrageous watches we've ever seen. There are a few I really like that actually do look like watches, and the others will be appealing to people of various tastes, but these will be interesting to all of you. I'll show you the lead pic and one favorite, so use the link to check them all out. Each is quite impressive in its own way, especially the one in the lead pic. 8-)

Source: MB&F

The outré Swiss brand catalogs its first 15 years of reinventing time.
By Hannah Elliott
February 1, 2022, 1:56 PM CST

"MB&F, that Swiss watchmaker known for creating the most outré mechanical modern watches today, is baring all. The brand founded in 2005 and named for the initials of its founder, Maximilian Büsser (and Friends), has released a catalogue raisonné that chronicles its first 15 years and all its known works. Such a comprehensive listing is common in the art world but rarer for timepieces.

Then again, MB&F is known for doing things that anyone would consider rare. The double-barreled body of its Thunderbolt is unmistakable among wristwatch intelligentsia; its owl-shaped JwlryMachine, created with the House of Boucheron, requires the most confident of wearers to withstand its singular whimsy (and considerable weight).

The 312-page book documents every single reference the house created from 2005 to 2020, including prototypes and pieces never officially acknowledged until now. More important for serious collectors, it lists the exact quantity produced of the 160 references, along with a full color photograph of each. A 30-page introduction by Suzanne Wong and William Massena recaps the birth of the brand and chronicles its initial years.

Like the watches, only a limited quantity of MB&F: The First Fifteen Years will be published. Just 500 are to be sold to the public for $170, with the remaining 1,500 offered to friends of the brand in a special protective box made of the same foam used to package MB&F timepieces.

Deliveries are scheduled for this summer. While we all wait, here are eight of the MB&F pieces we love most. ... "

The MB&F LM2 with a blue dial; further options include purple, green, and black.
Source: MB&F

LM2

Created from 2013 to 2019, the LM2 (Legacy Machine No. 2) is one of the most iconic—and conservative-looking—timepieces made by MB&F. It was inspired by three legendary watchmakers known for experimenting with dual regulators: Abraham-Louis Breguet (1747-1823), Ferdinand Berthoud (1727-1807), and Antide Janvier (1751-1835). Built on an alligator strap with a pin or folding buckle, the LM2 series offers hours and minutes, a 45-hour manual power reserve, and a planetary differential with two flying planetary wheels. It comes in a 44mm case and a variety of color options for trim, dial. and component details such as white gold, red gold, and platinum.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... onventions
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Spiders and Space Pirates: The Wonderfully Weird Watches of MB&F

Post by SwordfishMining »

The second one is definitely more wearable. The artistic talent in these is another level.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"