De Beers New High Jewelry Collection Is a Tribute to Light

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are two small slideshows in this one from which I'm showing you my favorite from both of them, and I think you'll get a kick out of why I like the double ring in the second pic - it reminds me of the Starship Enterprise. :lol:

Use the link to see them all, and there's a link at the end of the article to their website where you can see the full line. ;)

De Beers Jewellers’ new high jewelry collection, “The Alchemist of Light,” consists of seven sets, two of which were released in Paris last week. Pieces from one of those sets, “Light Rays,” which uses natural colored diamonds and anodized titanium to imitate sunlight beaming out from behind a cloud or radiating over the mountaintops, are seen here.

"Paris—Light is everything to diamonds. It unleashes their fire and highlights their beauty.

It should come as no surprise, then, that De Beers Jewellers chose light as the muse for its latest high jewelry collection.

“The Alchemist of Light” consists of seven sets totaling 45 one-off pieces that De Beers will debut in two chapters.

It unveiled the first two, “Atomique” and “Light Rays,” Jan. 24 at Couture Week in Paris. The remaining five collections will follow during July Couture Week, De Beers said.

There are seven pieces in Atomique, all rendered in white diamonds and 18-karat white gold and designed as a creative interpretation of a diamond’s molecular structure.

The centerpiece of the collection is a “dramatic and distinctive” collar featuring a total of 1,907 round brilliant diamonds surrounding an 18.57-carat internally flawless diamond.

The collar is pictured below along with two other Atomique pieces, a double open ring designed to look like floating satellites and a pair of halo stud earrings.

Also included in Atomique are a ring featuring a 11.03-carat center stone, a pair of crescent moon-shaped hoop earrings, a cuff, and a choker with a detachable drop that can be removed and attached to a stud earring.

The second Alchemist set unveiled by De Beers last week was “Light Rays.”

Consisting of nine pieces, Light Rays uses natural brown and orange colored diamonds and anodized titanium in shades of brown and yellow.

De Beers said it designed the collection to imitate sunlight radiating over mountaintops or from behind dark clouds at “the moment of peak perfection in the sky.” It’s the perfect fall-like palette for those who gravitate toward warm tones.

There is a trendy ear cuff, an elegant pair of chandelier earrings and a ring featuring a fancy vivid yellow orange diamond.

The Light Rays set also includes ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... e-to-light
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)