Piece of the Week: Angely Martinez’s Island Bar Ring

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm delighted that she works in opals and pearls, but I can't say I'm attracted to her designs. There's a link at the end of the story to her website where you can see her full line. ;)

"Angely Martinez’s new collection uses two gemstones traditionally associated with water—the pearl and the opal—to pay homage to the Dominican Republic, and the result is both unique and lovely.

“Aqualescence,” a combination of aqua (water) and luminescence, launched this past summer and incorporates mainly boulder opals responsibly sourced from Australia the designer collected during the early days of the COVID-19 lockdowns.

Martinez, author of the June 2020 open letter about the lack of support and equity for BIPOC designers in the industry, said her Dominican Republic roots and memories of beach trips and nature served as inspiration for “Aqualescence.”

She handcrafted the collection at her home studio over the course of a year.

Our Piece of the Week is the collection’s “Island Bar” ring. It features a 9-carat boulder opal with a resin-set pearl perched at the widest end of the gemstone.

The ring is available in sterling silver ($995, pictured above), in sterling silver with 18-karat yellow gold details ($1,250), or in 18-karat yellow gold ($3,550), with buyers able to pick from a selection of opals for their piece.

A stack of “Aqualescence” rings, including the “Island Bar,” fourth from top. (Photo credit: Ashley G. Garner/Image courtesy of Angely Martinez)

... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... d-bar-ring
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)