107-Year-Old Pianist Releases New Album After 102 Years at the Piano: ‘Youth Is Inside Us’

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

107-Year-Old Pianist Releases New Album After 102 Years at the Piano: ‘Youth Is Inside Us’

Post by PinkDiamond »

We should all be so lucky as to reach that age with her liveliness and sparkle, much less her talent, and to have her outlook on life. What a gal!! I just love the last pic of her. :)

By Louise Bevan
November 27, 2021 Updated: November 27, 2021

"One of the oldest recording pianists in the world has released her sixth album at the magnificent age of 107.

French pianist Colette Maze finished her sixth album in May 2021 after playing her chosen instrument for a grand total of 102 years. Young at heart—and healthy, despite some deterioration in her eyesight and hearing—she retains a sense of youthful reverence for the world around her, which keeps her going.

“Youth is inside us. If you appreciate what’s beautiful around you, you will find a sense of wonder in it,” she told NPR.

Colette Maze, now 107, was born into a musical family on June 16, 1914, and began playing the piano at the age of 5. (Courtesy of Colette Maze pianiste centenaire)

Born into a musical family on June 16, 1914, Maze began playing the piano at the age of 5.

As a teen, her tutors and mentors included the legendary pianist Alfred Cortot—who had a unique technique, centered on relaxing the arms and hands—under whom she studied at Paris’s École Normale de Musique, according to the report.

“I always preferred composers who gave me tenderness, like Schumann and Debussy,” she said. “Music is an affective language, a poetic language. In music there is everything: ... "

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... xHx%2B0%3D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)