Bride-to-be sparks controversy with her last-minute jewelry request: ‘Imagine being so upset over something so petty’

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Bride-to-be sparks controversy with her last-minute jewelry request: ‘Imagine being so upset over something so petty’

Post by PinkDiamond »

It's too bad they don't show us the pendant, but I'm showing you this one because the necklace in question was an opal necklace, so of course it was more than just pretty, and out-shone the bride's necklace. So the bride wanted the bridesmaid to switch necklaces with her, which the bridesmaid refused to do, causing her to be treated with contempt by the bride, as well as the bridal party, which was childish and pathetic. The others told her to give it to her as 'something borrowed', but at that point the bride and they should have already had that superstition covered, and quite frankly, I think the bride was being selfish, and asking too much of the woman since her own fiancee had given her the necklace to wear to the wedding. How sad that the bride chose to make such an issue over this, and behaved like a spoiled brat. That said, it's obvious that I side with the bridesmaid, but what do you think? Should she have turned it over to her? :?:

Emerald Pellot
Wed, November 17, 2021, 3:20 PM

"A bridesmaid refused to give in to a bride’s strange demand.

She shared what happened on Reddit’s “Am I the A******” forum. Before her friend Mary’s wedding, the Reddit poster’s fiancé gave her a necklace for their anniversary to wear to the ceremony. But when Mary saw the jewelry the day of the wedding, she demanded the Reddit poster fork it over.

“My friend Mary got married last week. I was in her bridal party,” she explained. “We are friends from high school, and all of her other bridesmaids were her friends from college who I hadn’t met until her bachelorette party. I was supposed to attend the wedding with my own fiancé, but he contracted COVID-19 five days before we were supposed to leave. Our fifth anniversary was two months ago. He got me a beautiful opal necklace on a gold chain specifically to wear to the wedding because it complimented my bridesmaid dress. I asked Mary in our bridal party group chat if she was alright with us wearing our own jewelry to the wedding, she said no problem.”

When Mary saw the necklace, she loved it. In fact, the bride loved it so much she wanted the jewelry to herself.

“The day of the wedding comes, all of us bridesmaids and Mary meet for pictures outside the chapel,” the Reddit poster said. “Mary sees my necklace and loves it and actually asked if she could switch her necklace with mine. Some other bridesmaids chime in and say that it would be her ‘something borrowed.’ I tried as politely as I could to tell her that my fiancé got this for me to wear to the wedding, and especially since he can’t be here, I’d like to keep it on. Mary and the other bridesmaids were persistent, saying it was her wedding and her pictures and that I wasn’t being accommodating. But I firmly told them no. Mary then said if I could at least take it off since it looked nicer than her own jewelry. Again, I told her I’d rather not. I received a lot of cold shoulders and dirty looks at the ceremony and reception. I felt awful. After the first dance, Mary’s sister came up to me to tell just how upset Mary was and how rude it was that I upset her so on her big day.”

Redditors thought the bride was being ridiculous.... "

https://news.yahoo.com/bride-sparks-con ... 42332.html
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)