My Favorite Things: 2020 in ‘Britt’s Pick’

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's the third one of the articles I mentioned I'd be posting for you today, and this one has the most eye candy for you to enjoy. We've seen most of these over the course of the year, but it's always wonderful to see such pieces again, and having them all together in one article is a real feast for the eyes for us, and just like last time we saw these, the first one is still my favorite. Enjoy! 8-)

December 29, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"To say at least one good thing about the year 2020: It held no shortage of good jewelry.

To look at my year’s roundup of Britt’s Pick, you’d think not much was amiss. Here these pieces are, bright and sparkling as ever, giving us all the good feels.

What gives me a good giggle, despite everything this year has brought, is the way my narrative changes—and rather quickly. January is all about yearning for travel and getting by on wanderlust-y jewels. Flash-forward to April, and it’s “What jewels would look best with sweatpants?” No one saw 2020 coming—most didn’t, anyway—and seeing how our minds processed information and how we as an industry adapted to the demands of both customers and ourselves is pretty incredible.

So naturally you’ll see plenty of talismans here, many things that would prove easy to wear at home. Other picks, though, offer inspiration and hope, prime examples of how jewelry can be so powerful.

Here’s hoping that 2021 is a better year filled with styles that are suited to actually going places (though I wouldn’t be mad pairing any of them with sweatpants, either). Thank you for following along with me yet again. Happy New Year.

Ocean Blue earrings by Alexis Barbeau

Ocean Blue earrings in 14k gold with 23.5 cts. t.w. aquamarine cabochons, 5 cts. t.w. blue-green tourmaline baguettes, 3 cts. t.w. cuprian paraiba tourmaline cabochons, and 0.65 ct. t.w. tsavorite garnets, $7,000; Alexis Barbeau

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... itts-pick/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)